Johnsons Baby Powder | SheSpeaks

• missmoniques81 missmoniques81
    07.10.14

Baby powder is my go-to multi-use product. I see a lot of negative things about baby powder but I don't think people realize that almost all baby powders use corn starch now instead of talc. I keep a small bottle of it in my car in case of oily hair, rashy buns, or sandy feet! My fiance was amazed at how well it got the sand off the buns of our two year old this weekend at the beach. A diaper bag must have for any mommy!

• jintoki jintoki
    02.05.15

Baby powder supposedly keeps ants from crossing into your home if placed properly on windowsills and doorways. Not sure if that is actually true, but I use baby powder to soak up grease and oil from my hair if I don't have time to shower. Unfortunately, using too much just makes you look like you have dandruff! As for a baby product, I don't really like using it because of my concern that the baby may inhale tiny particles of it that isn't very visible to the naked eye. I don't really think it's very effective for any purpose on baby's skin, aside from giving baby a stronger "baby powder" smell.

• cmay931214 By  cmay931214
    09.09.13

Used this product on my 8 year old brother, 18 month old son, and one year old nephew and will continue to use it on my children and children I care for. It's priced beyond reasonable and get's multiple jobs done. Thank you for another great product!

• janinelev By  janinelev
    08.28.13

I was specifically told by my sons pediatrician NOT to use this product. Inhalation of the talc particles is dangerous for anyone especially an infant with small developing lungs! It has also been linked to ovarian cancer later in life if used on baby girls! I was told that the 100% cornstarch versions were SLIGHTLY safer as the particles were larger and harder to pass into the lungs. However, i will not be using either version.

• darlene1696 By  darlene1696
    07.01.13

Not a fan of baby powder. Would rather use a cream than powder!

• MasterofMom By  MasterofMom
    06.20.13

We no longer use baby powder of any kind on our baby. Talcum powder is closely related to asbestos, and inhaling it can be very serious for a baby's small lungs. Yes, I suppose you could take great measures to keep any and all of it out of your baby's face, but isn't it just better to be "safe than sorry"? I would hate to try using this just to absorb moisture and then have my baby suffer serious effects because of it. Besides, most diapers these days do an excellent job of keeping moisture off of baby's little bum. Sorry Johnson & Johnson, but you should retire "baby powder" and market it to adults instead if you're going to keep it in the line-up.

• SoMuchToSAy By  SoMuchToSAy
    04.30.13

I've been using this product for years and I'm not a baby anymore. It feels good after a shower and smells good. Makes my skin feel soft.

• tina2367 By  tina2367
    04.23.13

I love Johnson's Baby Powder it smells so fresh and i love that..is is great to keep you from sweating and for after the shower oh yeah i even use it n my carpets to freshness them before i vacuum them..lol..love it!

• sandra3 By  sandra3
    03.26.13

always used baby powder on my children. love it.

• WEMAKE7 By  WEMAKE7
    03.23.13

May be good to use for adults that may want to use it for various reasons but would never use this around my son.

• xoxojoanna11 By  xoxojoanna11
    01.13.13

Love this stuff Its seriousley like my lifesaver and people think its just for the use of babys its not when i have greasy hair i just dab some in my roots where it looks greasy and your hair looks so fresh and puffy and it gives you the greatest volume up in your roots i love this and i think it works great for babys and even workks as good as a dry shampoo and i love the smell !

• jennifervang80 By  jennifervang80
    12.31.12

After the negative reviews about infants inhaling this stuff, I stopped using it.