SodaStream Fountain Jet Soda Maker | SheSpeaks

• simbalala simbalala
    02.07.14

I always wanted to get a Soda Stream. I got it and love it. It is very easy to make. Kids love it. Just the flavors are little bland.

• c_mazahir c_mazahir
    02.11.15

Buying this Sodastream fountain is a good deal if you just like sparkling water. Buying club soda at the store is not cheap, and the bottles lose their fizz if you don't consume the whole thing in one day after opening. The Soda Stream bottles do a good job of holding fizz even over a few days.We mostly use ours for plain water and add a squeeze of lemon or lime after adding the fizz. I am not super impressed with their soda flavorings.The whole device is little more than plastic housing for a CO2 tank. Be careful snapping it together because I could definitely see the plastic cracking if you are careless. Once together though, it's easy to use. Requires no plug in and it's pretty streamlined to take up little room on the counter. Wipes clean and looks OK on the counter.

• marycarmon By  marycarmon
    09.13.11

Love, love, love this soda maker! It's quick to make soda water and flavored soda water with this gadget! The containers that come with the set are very durable and the carbonation containers are very easy to change out. They are a bit pricey, but for the number of fluid ounces you yield with one cartridge, it is completely economical!

• durstc By  durstc
    09.13.11

My family and I absolutely love this product. It is cost effective and a healthier option then conventional sodas, and the taste is great. There are regular flavors, diet and sparkling green teas, as well as flavored water. Most of the regular flavors have 35 calories per 8 oz serving, which is great. You can also control the amount of carbonation by either pumping less than the usual 3 pumps or a little more by doing four pumps. I am very glad I have this product in my home, and have already purchased another one as a gift.

• ironram1 By  ironram1
    09.12.11

I love this thing! I bought it originally in order to stop throwing away so many plastic bottles (we're seltzer maniacs here). Features: * You can control the water source and filter it. * You can control the fizziness (we're getting up to a level that boils in our blood for at least an hour after drinking it, but you can have a light Euro-water-style fizz as well). * It's entertaining to use. * It's better for the environment. * The sound makes the dog get all wiggy, which is fun to watch. It sounds like a big raspberry when you fizz up a bottle of water. * You'll probably be the only one on your block with a seltzer maker - it definitely spanks a bread machine. I still haven't had to return the CO2 bottle, so I don't know how easy that's going to be. Delivery was slow but entertaining: about 3 weeks after we ordered, an actual Soda-Club delivery woman showed up at our door toting our new Soda-Club. One caveat: the syrups are pretty revolting...at least the ones we tried. Plus, they all contain artificial sweeteners, even the non-diet ones. But we just add some lemon or orange essence (available in the spice section at your store) to pep it up a bit. Also, if you go through fizzy water pretty fast, be sure to order two extra bottles. You have to chill the water before you fizz it up, so it's good to have a few in rotation.

• jodett By  jodett
    09.12.11

I generally love my sodastream and have recommend it to many friends. I also think it's a terrific housewarming gift. My only issues are 1. since it's not dishwasher safe I never feel like the bottles are sufficiently clean and 2. more than a couple of times I've used too much fizz and had to clean up a mess. Regardless, as a city dweller this appliance saves me not only money on bottled/canned selzer, but the inconvenience of carrying heavy packages to-from the grocery store.

• boomersooner By  boomersooner
    09.12.11

Love this product! I use the mio water additives with the sparkling water and now I have really great soda options. The flavors from soda stream don't necessarily taste exactly like the original, but if you don't drink that flavor much, you probably won't notice. I drink a lot of diet coke, so the diet coke is 'off' to me, but my husband can't tell a difference.

• LittleUs By  LittleUs
    09.12.11

I absolutely love this product, it's such a space saver and it allows me to have soda without all the extra stuff you don't need that you get from store bought sodas. My favorite thing to do is make seltzer water and add cranberry juice! So delicious!

• amanda_clc By  amanda_clc
    09.12.11

My friend has one! and when I stayed at her home make me WANT one!! :) LOVE it!! my husband drinks pellegrino water everyday about 2-3 bottles! Expensive! ;) This will be a wonderful christmas gift for him!

• kassandrak29 By  kassandrak29
    09.11.11

I love this product!! I've been using mine for sparkling water since I don't drink soda. It's an easy way to get a sparkling water when I'm craving it. It does an excellent job and so far no problems!!

• NIECYSBOYS By  NIECYSBOYS
    09.11.11

I first purchased one for my husband about 4 years ago and since then bought 2 more for friends and family as gifts. Everyone enjoys this at my house. My husband loves plain seltzer water.

• sherylb By  sherylb
    09.11.11

This item has been both a money saver and a great lesson for my children in creating less waste. I am both happy with the cost saving aspect of making my own seltzer and think it tastes great. I don't really care for the syrups, which is fine because we are not a soda family, mostly a seltzer family. It has been great to not have to lug those heavy 2L bottles home weekly and then again out to the recycling bin. My kids love to help make the seltzer. I love teaching them to be careful with our resources!