AMC Mad Men | SheSpeaks

• Veronicalodge Veronicalodge
    07.11.19

Mad for Mad Men!

As a lover of more vapid & soapy shows (think Beverly Hills 90210 & Gossip Girl reruns), I hadn?t made the Mad Men jump until 2012, which I believe was already 4 seasons or so in? I was working at a place where mad men was a common topic so instead of feeling like the outsider, I finally took the plunge and binged! Keep in mind, I am a girl that has the attention span of a child even on add medication, so it takes a lot to really get my attention! While my best friend who I ended up getting into mad men too, it became a competition as he was watching more than me at one point and was giving up little sub plots and story lines just to mess with me! He was surprised I liked it as he pointed it he thought it was a bit slow, and I would eventually concur to this, though not at the first episode or so. Mad men is honestly one f the few quality tv shows that has been done extremely well and casted to perfection. It is a show that does have soapy elements but not in such ways that a male wouldn?t watch it, and not a show geared to a gender specific audience. While I think the finale seasons started lacking, every series that has more than 2 or 3 seasons will have a fan that has a favorite and least favorite. Many times a first season or at least first few episodes In a new series are iffy (flashback to Bev Hills 90210 original, first season was painfully boring as was Melrose place, but afterwards would pick up and become much more exciting) , mad men doesn?t have that problem. The only negative I will mention is that a friend did mention that it seemed at times when they got lazy or were out of material they would tend to do ?flashbacks?to Don Draper?s past (Jon Hamm- who honestly just as eye candy is worth watching even if you have less of an attention span as me, as he is so charismatic & classically handsome that it?s just the cherry on top of the sundae)!
  • candries candries
    12.10.15

Loved the show..........but too much smoking, drinking and running around for us. We stopped watching it after a couple of seasons. The story line just got old.

• sunwapta By  sunwapta
    12.31.14

Great show...but gets a little redundant and boring after a few seasons. Not really interested in watching it anymore...

• Velvetletter By  Velvetletter
    12.15.14

I love binge watching this show!

• JennaJ By  JennaJ
    10.16.14

Oh my goodness! I am addicted to this show! I cannot wait for the next season. I have to watch this on my internet TV so I have to wait almost a year after the season has ended to see the season, it is slow torture waiting that long!

• gettagomez By  gettagomez
    09.19.14

I am usually a huge AMC fan, but with MAD MEN, I think I will pass. I just didn't care for the acting, the characters or the plot. I have seen about 4 episodes and could just never catch on,

• MsChristinaK By  MsChristinaK
    09.11.14

I used to love this show. The first few seasons were great, loved the attention to detail to the time period. However, I give it 3 stars because the last season just seemed all over the place. Definitely recommend watching the beginning seasons but after Betty and Don split I started losing interest.

• cupidbaby0311 By  cupidbaby0311
    09.11.14

This may be a show that kind of grows on you - but I just don't get the hype. Watched a few episodes, but they just weren't that entertaining to me. I've heard such good things about it and wanted to find a new favorite. I might try it again sometime when I'm bored with nothing else to watch,

• Jenaflower79 By  Jenaflower79
    09.11.14

So far I'm on season 2 and I'm hooked!!

• Photogchik By  Photogchik
    08.19.14

I love this show, it is something both my husband and I like to watch, which is rare!

• Familymatters By  Familymatters
    06.03.14

I really liked Mad Men when it first began and through the last couple seasons I drifted away from it for some reason and now cant get back into it and its ending this season so Ive moved on...but I would recommend others watch it to see if they can get into it or not as I really liked the main actors and John Hamm is a great actor and so handsome.

• Jcdohm88 By  Jcdohm88
    05.26.14

I just couldn't get into this show. They don't exactly portray women in a very good light, and make monogamy look like a real dumb idea, which is common in TV anyways. Maybe it was the dialog that was too much for me, or my inability to understand the characters. I love Jon Hamm, but this was not my show