Stephenie Meyer Twilight | SheSpeaks

• debsmad debsmad
    04.01.12

I am not a teen girl but I *LOVED* this book and would put it in my Top 5 Favorites. A lot of people like to rip on Stephanie Meyer's writing, saying she lacks talent, but she told a fine story here. I was sucked into the budding relationship between Bella and Edward. I loved Edward's slightly cocky and arrogant personality, and how he struggled to let himself just be himself around Bella. There were some weak points, like if James was really so good and vampires are really so fast, why couldn't he just zip in-kill Bella-zip out-move on? But whatever, it was a fun little story to lose yourself in, and I loved that it was a story that almost could happen, and not some total fantasy thing.

• Page55 Page55
    01.26.12

Horrible writing. I threw the book across the room about half way through it. The writing is just so bad. I finished it but would never read another book by this author. Bella was an endlessly irritating character - just toooooo perfect . . . .

• Darbyy7 By  Darbyy7
    03.22.13

At first, is was an amazing book. I absolutely loved it and was completely obsessed with it. But that was when I was in middle school. As I am now much older, the story is still a great story, but it has just lost its thrill. I have recently reread the series, and realized it wasn't as great as I thought it was. I still love the story and all of the twists and characters, but the writing really isn't impressive at all. Though not many could create a story like that, almost anyone could write as well, if not better

• sazzy11 By  sazzy11
    03.21.13

I love the series!! So much action and drama, but also a great love story.

• thehut By  thehut
    01.18.13

Everyone just loves this story because its about a guy waiting for a girl forever. GAH, its horrible writing and I've read tons of books and will continue to read books but meyers made me want to hit her in the head with this book. Its horrible writing, horrible storyline, horrible ending, horrible way to do stuff. Hate it! If you want to waste your life reading this horrible book series then be my guest but if you want something with good writing buy another book!

• Kristydreamsbig By  Kristydreamsbig
    11.10.12

Awesome book! I was very hesitant to read this series. Once I read the 1st book, I was hooked!! Stephenie Meyer is a great author! Very easy read!! I would definitely suggest reading all the books. I didn't start reading the series until fall of 2010, and have now read the books numerous times. Loved both the books & the movies.

• larosamorada By  larosamorada
    11.10.12

While I didn't go into this series with high expectations, it was alright. Love the series as a whole and I was a much bigger fan of New Moon. The writing in this book is atrocious by any writer's standards, but it was a guilty pleasure.

• Brooke1212 By  Brooke1212
    10.11.12

GOOD BOOK, the book is way way different then the movie .

• debsmad By  debsmad
    04.01.12

• kristinabest By  kristinabest
    03.07.12

I am far from being a young adult but I still love this book. After I read it the 1st time my husband read it. Now I believe we have read it at least 3 times each. :) I normally don't read a book more then once unless its really good.

• stef42678 By  stef42678
    01.29.12

This story was written for young adults so it is an easy read, but I love the story. It revolves around love of vampires and werewolves, but is also a tale of growing up as well involves a lot of action. I love how easy it is to read and it made me want to keep reading and finding out what would happen next. I recommend the whole series, and this is a great beginning.

• bratz54 By  bratz54
    01.28.12

I loved the series, and the movies. These were the first books I read through with out getting board. I have never read a book out of hobby or leisure time. I read in school for reports but I never was patient enough to read. But since I read these books, I went onto reading all of Harry Potter, House of Night, Host, P.C Cast, Sookies Stakehouses, Evermore, Night Huntress, and K. Sparks, C. Clare and so many others. I got to give S. Meyer credit to get me to start reading