Stephenie Meyer Breaking Dawn | SheSpeaks

• debsmad debsmad
    04.01.12

Even though Twilight is one of my favorite books ever, the rest of the series was hugely disappointing to me. I thought Breaking Dawn might bring things back to good with the wedding and the pregnancy but it didn't, not for me anyway. Some people like to just let go of reality and expectations and read a story for whatever it is, but I can't seem to do that and when it just becomes fairy-tale-everything, it loses me. The weirdness with the pregnancy, the weirdness of the baby, the weirdness of the imprinting, the fact that Bella pretty much skipped over all of the horridness of the newborn days that we'd been hearing so much about in the books leading up to this, and of course her being some sort of freak of nature miracle vampire was all a bit too much for me. I know others who absolutely loved it because they just like super wonderful stories like that. As I said to someone else, the first book started out sort of 'It could happen,' but it all went more and more into weak fantasy after that. Bleah.

• ccrunnerchic By  ccrunnerchic
    08.25.10

I loved all 4 of the books. I can't wait to see the movie!

• Jessica6343 By  Jessica6343
    08.21.10

I was so excited for this book. So excited I went to one of those midnight book releases for the first time. There was so much that could have been done with book four! Half of the book's setting is in one place and there is this HUGE buildup and then no climax. This book was a hit and miss. I imagine the author maybe was behind her deadline and rushed through the whole thing. There's so many contradictions in her concept of vampires it's ridiculous and when you know what happened I was completely confused "like how is this possible when you said your vampires can't even cry?" I can't wait to see what they do with this for the movie because Eclipse had a bit of action. Overall the story ended too perfect not that I was looking for some literary HP ending.

• shoppingurl1697 By  shoppingurl1697
    07.15.10

I loved this book, and i read it a trillion times.

• Leanonme707 By  Leanonme707
    07.14.10

My favorite of the four!

• MadHatter By  MadHatter
    07.08.10

I thought that the book started to head downhill after the second installment came out. i wasn't too much of a fan, but you got to keep reading on right? I can't leave something half way. I thought that Bella in this book acted so out of character...sometimes i find myself wondering what the author was thinking when she wrote this or that. either way, i'm just glad i am finished with it.

• notheragain By  notheragain
    02.24.09

I loved the rest of the Twilight series, particularly Eclipse, which I thought was fantastic, but didn't particularly enjoy Breaking Dawn. I had problems with the pacing of the book--it seemed to plod in some parts and race past other parts. I felt some of the characterizations were a bit off, and really couldn't stand Reneesme. I will say I like it better with the passage of time than I did after I first completed it, and many of my friends enjoyed it much better than I did. I really would like another book or two from some of the other characters' perspective, such as Jacob, or Leah, and hope someday Midnight Sun is published to read more from Edward's perspective.