Audrey Niffenegger The Time Travelers Wife | SheSpeaks

• apreisen By  apreisen
    08.11.10

Loved this story - definitely a book worth buying and reading again and again. I have not seen the movie and probably won't because I enjoy the story so much the way it is!

• kgoldmith1023 By  kgoldmith1023
    07.22.10

Loved it!!! So good that I dont wanna watch the movie, I like the way it played out on the pages and in my head!

• babsywabs By  babsywabs
    07.20.10

I enjoyed this book. I've always been intrigued by the possibility of time travel, but the thought of it occurring of its own volition, without a 'time machine' or any effort involved, is a bit disturbing. I guess that's what makes it an interesting story to - the problems that could (and do, in the novel) arise are potentially quite serious. Because I'm a life-long romantic, my favorite part was at the end (SPOILER ALERT) when she is elderly and waiting for him to return. It's as though she's spent all the years waiting, waiting, knowing that she'd see him one more time, just not knowing when. That's what's kept her alive. Brought tears to my eyes. I've heard that the movie version leaves this very important scene out - that's one reason I won't see the movie. I did find the book entertaining, however, and a good read.

• vedodson By  vedodson
    07.19.10

Wonderful story line, but quite vulgar. Overall, if you can skip some explicit scenes, it was an amazing story!

• Leanonme707 By  Leanonme707
    07.14.10

Good Book!

• nackle78 By  nackle78
    09.23.09

I didn't think it was too too long (i've read longer) and it didn't drag on too much, but there were times during my reads where I would roll my eyes. I'm sorry it's been a while since I read it, but I was like "this again?" or "C'mon!! Really?" I guess I'm a little more based in reality. I agree with Jere2911 just above about all the sex, there was a lot of intimacy over and over and over that didn't pertain. great review Jere2911, I agree.

• laurenjc By  laurenjc
    08.12.09

LOVED THIS BOOK! It was a bit complex, and therefore made you do some thinking in order to follow all the time changes, but that's part of what made it so good. I'll be in line to see the movie when it comes out!

• Jere2911 By  Jere2911
    08.10.09

I was not a fan of this book. I liked the premise of it, and I'm sure there was a good story there, but I couldn't find it among all the sex. I liked the characters at first, but I grew to dislike them as the story went on. I didn't feel it was about love, just lust and inevitability. I love to read, but I felt cheated out of my $14 I paid for this book.

• Fairywings By  Fairywings
    07.20.09

I absolutely loved this book, I couldn't stop reading it and made me feel so special like I was the only person who knew these people and their struggles in life. The movie is coming out in August, can't wait!

• RHibbard By  RHibbard
    06.13.09

The connections you will feel with these characters is mind-blowing--a must read!