St Martin s Press Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris | SheSpeaks

• BrokenTeepee BrokenTeepee
    08.03.16

Behind Closed Doors

My full review is too long to fit in the confines of the characters allowed here. It can be read at http://brokenteepee.com/behind-closed-doors-by-b-a-paris-book-review/ Here is a snippet: And it is a whopper of a tale. One that will keep you looking over your shoulder and wondering about the nature of relationships. I am sure it would be, in some ways, even worse on a second read. It might be worth one as I went through it so quickly because I just wanted to know what was going to happen! 4.5 I received a free copy for my honest review

• sheann By  sheann
    08.13.16

I love it!!!

I received this book for free from SheSpeaks. I love the book from the first chapter. I could not stop reading it. It's a very interesting book, keeps you in suspense from beginning to end. I liked how was going from present to past in each chapter. Anyways I highly recommended it.

• twinkieluv By  twinkieluv
    08.13.16

suspenseful

thought it was sufficiently suspenseful and would love to see this as a miniseries or movie. ~I received this book for free from SheSpeaks.

• ms_benes By  ms_benes
    08.12.16

I couldn't put it down

I didn't want to like this book, it's not the type of book I usually read. That stated, I read the entire book in a 24 hour period...I couldn't put it down. I haven't read a page-turning novel in ages. Felt good to be so totally engrossed in a book once again.

• ngdemo1 By  ngdemo1
    08.12.16

Run, don't walk to this book! You won't put it down!

I was so happy to received a preview copy of this book for free from She Speaks. I absolutely LOVE these kinds of books with many twists and turns. It really keeps you guessing! When other reviewers say that it is the new Gone Girl, it really is! I liked that book and movie, also! The title, Behind Closed Doors, is also very accurate and telling as to the feel of the book. You never really know what goes on "behind closed doors". Things are not always as they appear. Read this book!

• ajann1983 By  ajann1983
    08.11.16

Great Read

I really enjoyed reading this book. I love books and movies with a good twist and this was totally twisted. I like how it goes back and forth between the present and the past so you get to know more about the characters.

• Martyanlu By  Martyanlu

Great suspensful reading

This was such a great book! I opened the package that it arrived in and immediately started reading it. I became so involved in the story that I hated to put the book down to cook and eat dinner. After eating I continue reading until I finished the book much later that night. This was a very intense but interesting book. No one can really know what does happen "behind closed doors" in the private lives of others because one can only see what's on the surface. It's hard to believe that someone like Jack in the book could be as abusive and controlling as he was. It was a little creepy to learn all that he could and did do. At first I thought Grace, his wife, was weak but quickly realized that she was a lot stronger than she seemed. She had to be strong because she was fighting for her sister's life as well as her own. It was nice to find in the end that Grace did have a friend who helped her. The ending was a good surprise. In fact you could possibly call it "the perfect crime" too. Thanks SheSpeaks for giving me this book to read for free. I enjoyed it so much.

• tortgeorge By  tortgeorge

A good summer read!

I am an avid reader so I was very excited to receive this book, as I enjoy this genra especially. It was a bit slow starting off as you needed to know the characters, and there back story. It did pick up tears the middle and was easy to follow. The character development flowed nicely.. As you grew to root for some, and hate others. It was a little easy to guess the ending, that would be my only complaint. That being said, it was well written, an easy read and definitely worth the day and a half it took me to read!

• allyb123 By  allyb123
    08.10.16

A fast, addictive, psychological thriller

This book is a psychological thriller that is very difficult to put down. What struck me about this book was how disturbing it was, despite the fact that it contained very little physical violence. It is, however, rampant with emotional and psychological abuse. Detailing the story of a seemingly perfect marriage between Jack and Grace Angel, the chapters of this book flash back and forth between past and present. As a reader, you quickly discover that this so-called marriage of perfection is anything but perfect. If you are looking for a psychological thriller that is a fast read, certainly give this one a look. *I received this book for free from SheSpeaks

• TRasmusan By  TRasmusan

Great Read!

This book is addicting. I read it through in 1 week at night. Fast read and keeps you wanting more answers. Subtle hints throughout to what is going on, keep you guessing and thinking something is off here..... All you want for Grace and Millie is the perfect man, deserving and needing. The book is written in the past and present which makes it interesting and even more addicting to get to the next present or past chapter to understand more. Gave it only 4 stars because I wanted more, wanted it to be a longer, and have a little more to it. Overall - great, fast read!

• MissCourtneyA By  MissCourtneyA
    08.09.16

Make sure you've got all day for this page turner!

This book had me on the edge of my seat! I can't remember the last time I spent an entire day reading a book all the way through. The author did an amazing job at going from the past to the present while not confusing the reader. The final twist at the end was the ultimate revenge! Highly recommend this book!