SodaStream Fountain Jet Soda Maker Review Page 3 of 7 | SheSpeaks

• valv22 By  valv22
    06.07.12

love this product easy to use and saved us some money ...

• TheWhitePegasus By  TheWhitePegasus
    06.01.12

I love this! It's so nice to be able to make your own soda. Plus it taste just like the soda you buy in the stores.

• sandyc42 By  sandyc42
    03.29.12

My husband bought me one this past Christmas. Totally awesome. My 9 year old asks for it all the time. And my autistic son loves it. So much better for you and tastes like the real thing

• pinkadidas178 By  pinkadidas178
    03.08.12

I have the genesis and like it so far. I wanted a little healthier and cost effective option and this was it. I got it for a great price and although its taken a few bottles to figure out how much carbonation we like, it still great. It does take a few tries to personalize your own carbonation levels but its fun trying to get there. Love the water options too! I also like the environmentally idea of recycling the CO2 bottles by exchanging the old one for a new one at bed bath and beyond customer service and getting half off the new on for doing so, how great!

• pixieme7 By  pixieme7
    12.30.11

I am crazy about my sodastream. It is endlessly amusing to children and adults alike and it makes very tasty sodas. Diet pink grapefruit is my favorite mix. If I have any suggestions, it's that they make adjustments so that you can carbonate beverages other than water (the soda syrup has to be added after the water has been carbonated). Homemade sparkling cider would be fantastic. Aside from that though, it's been a great purchase.

• lverne1999 By  lverne1999
    12.10.11

we bought the sodastream last week, we are big soda drinkers and thought it would be worthwhile. we love it, it is so easy to use and takes only seconds to make a drink, the is no aspartame in the diet drinks like soda in the store. this purchase was the smartest thing we have bought in a long time, i highly suggest everyone have one.

• jurisdr By  jurisdr
    12.01.11

I ADORE my Sodastream carbonator. I have had it for ten years now, before they sold it in stores, and although replacing the carbonator is now DOUBLE the cost, it's worth it. You can make the seltzer EXACTLY as fizzy as you like, and you will know, if you use purified water, exactly how healthy the water is.

• emptnestr By  emptnestr
    12.01.11

I got one last Christmas and we use it everyday. We no longer have to buy soda from the store and lug it home. Now we make it ourselves. There are so many advantages to this little machine. You can buy the mixes or just use your own juice to flavor the drinks. Love this machine!

• TinaRofo By  TinaRofo
    11.02.11

my daughter has this machine. First time I had it was at her home. I don't usually drink grapefruit soda, but it was great. The nice thing is - you don't have big bottles of soda all over the place.

• cgonzales By  cgonzales
    09.15.11

My sister purchased one of these and they love it. it looks like you can get pretty creative.

• jennimmc By  jennimmc
    09.15.11

i find this product very innovative, cost-efficient, and health-wise. The finished product tastes good. And I am more assured that the drink is clean and safe for consumption. Moreover, our family enjoys making soda on our free days. I find it environment-friendly too.

• marycarmon By  marycarmon
    09.13.11

Love, love, love this soda maker! It's quick to make soda water and flavored soda water with this gadget! The containers that come with the set are very durable and the carbonation containers are very easy to change out. They are a bit pricey, but for the number of fluid ounces you yield with one cartridge, it is completely economical!

• durstc By  durstc
    09.13.11

My family and I absolutely love this product. It is cost effective and a healthier option then conventional sodas, and the taste is great. There are regular flavors, diet and sparkling green teas, as well as flavored water. Most of the regular flavors have 35 calories per 8 oz serving, which is great. You can also control the amount of carbonation by either pumping less than the usual 3 pumps or a little more by doing four pumps. I am very glad I have this product in my home, and have already purchased another one as a gift.

• ironram1 By  ironram1
    09.12.11

I love this thing! I bought it originally in order to stop throwing away so many plastic bottles (we're seltzer maniacs here). Features: * You can control the water source and filter it. * You can control the fizziness (we're getting up to a level that boils in our blood for at least an hour after drinking it, but you can have a light Euro-water-style fizz as well). * It's entertaining to use. * It's better for the environment. * The sound makes the dog get all wiggy, which is fun to watch. It sounds like a big raspberry when you fizz up a bottle of water. * You'll probably be the only one on your block with a seltzer maker - it definitely spanks a bread machine. I still haven't had to return the CO2 bottle, so I don't know how easy that's going to be. Delivery was slow but entertaining: about 3 weeks after we ordered, an actual Soda-Club delivery woman showed up at our door toting our new Soda-Club. One caveat: the syrups are pretty revolting...at least the ones we tried. Plus, they all contain artificial sweeteners, even the non-diet ones. But we just add some lemon or orange essence (available in the spice section at your store) to pep it up a bit. Also, if you go through fizzy water pretty fast, be sure to order two extra bottles. You have to chill the water before you fizz it up, so it's good to have a few in rotation.

• jodett By  jodett
    09.12.11

I generally love my sodastream and have recommend it to many friends. I also think it's a terrific housewarming gift. My only issues are 1. since it's not dishwasher safe I never feel like the bottles are sufficiently clean and 2. more than a couple of times I've used too much fizz and had to clean up a mess. Regardless, as a city dweller this appliance saves me not only money on bottled/canned selzer, but the inconvenience of carrying heavy packages to-from the grocery store.