The  Home Depot

The Home Depot

3.2
              Rated #32 in Stores
36 Reviews 3.2/5 stars

Love that they give Military an extra 10%! Not enough stores/chains show that kind of appreciation :)

I do not like this store. From the minute you pull into the parking lot you are greeted by all these illegals looking for work. I do not like them hanging out in the parking lots. They leave their trash everywhere, are not very polite and really bring down the company. This is all before I go into the store. Once in, it is really hard to find someone to help you. Then when you finally figure out what you need they want you to use a qucik check out service! I do not care for these as they only want to get rid of jobs and cut hours. Do not care for this store at all. I would rather go to a smaller store where you will get help and they know whtat they are talking about. Also will not be greeted by all the illegals

My husband loves this store. First of all, there is everything you can imagine for working on your home! Second is the great customer service. No matter who you ask or where they are, they then take you to the item you are looking for even if its at the other end of the store.

Given the opportunity, I will go somewhere else. The only reason I go there is the close proximity to my home. My running joke about Home Depot is they have one guy that knows something about the products that you are interested in, but he / she services an entire region of stores. In other words, never at the same store you are shopping in. It is also amazing how difficult it can be to find anyone wearing a bright orange vest. I much prefer Lowes system where you press an "assistance needed" button in the aisle you are in. The system then pages a knowledgeable employee who actually works in the department that you are in. I don't think I have ever heard; "I'm sorry this isn't really my dept., I'm just filling in" at Lowes. In contrast, I hear it all the time at Home Depot. I have even been told that 'John Doe' will be back in 2 days, so I can come back then if I want to ask questions. No attempt to bring in a supervisor or store manager to answer my question. If I remember correctly, this was about a $900 purchase that I would not make without my questions answered. I left the store, drove about 20 minutes to a Lowes and experienced customer service which resulted in my business.