The Home Depot Review Page 3 of 3 | SheSpeaks

• klokopville By  klokopville
    12.23.10

Given the opportunity, I will go somewhere else. The only reason I go there is the close proximity to my home. My running joke about Home Depot is they have one guy that knows something about the products that you are interested in, but he / she services an entire region of stores. In other words, never at the same store you are shopping in. It is also amazing how difficult it can be to find anyone wearing a bright orange vest. I much prefer Lowes system where you press an "assistance needed" button in the aisle you are in. The system then pages a knowledgeable employee who actually works in the department that you are in. I don't think I have ever heard; "I'm sorry this isn't really my dept., I'm just filling in" at Lowes. In contrast, I hear it all the time at Home Depot. I have even been told that 'John Doe' will be back in 2 days, so I can come back then if I want to ask questions. No attempt to bring in a supervisor or store manager to answer my question. If I remember correctly, this was about a $900 purchase that I would not make without my questions answered. I left the store, drove about 20 minutes to a Lowes and experienced customer service which resulted in my business.

• zebragirl42 By  zebragirl42
    12.02.10

I like shopping at Home Depot. The selection is good, the staff are friendly and helpful, the products are good and I don't have any problems returning things. My only real complaint is that they tempt me to do more remodeling and updating than I can afford right now.

• nicrea05 By  nicrea05
    12.01.10

Can I give this store less than a 1??? This is the most horrible store I've ever been to. They are ALWAYS understaffed, and no one knows anything about their products that they sell...not to mention they are not very friendly. I will go to Lowe's or anywhere else any day. I went there to have someone cut a piece of wood for us to put in an air conditioner. I asked 3 different people for help, waited for over an hour. Another guy came and asked for help and the lady said that someone would be right there for him. I told her that I had been waiting for an hour to simply have someone cut a piece of wood for me, and she had the nerve to tell me to wait my turn. I would have cut the wood myself if I were allowed to use their equipment.