Lodge Logic Cast Iron Skillet Review Page 3 of 4 | SheSpeaks

• akumm001 By  akumm001
    01.18.13

An american Classic...every real cook should own a cast iron pan in their kitchen setup. The older the better. They only get better with age.

• corabishop By  corabishop
    11.07.12

Love Lodge Logic cast iron products.

• meltal By  meltal
    10.29.12

I have a few of these skillets I use them all the time especially when camping. Great for open flame cooking. They make the best fried potatoes. I use the smaller ones for cornbread and they always turn out great.

• blondiexx1222 By  blondiexx1222
    10.11.12

I prefer cooking in this type skillet more than anything. I even take mine camping and cook on the fire directly.

• ahickernell By  ahickernell
    10.10.12

The only kind of pan to use for fried potatoes, cornbread, and gravy! My grandmother taught me to cook with these pans, so obviously the reputation goes way back!

• jadedgrin By  jadedgrin
    04.09.12

I love this skillet for cooking potatoes, cornbread, and just about anything except for eggs. The heat distribution is more even than any other pan I own and it's versatile to use in the oven at high temps. The only thing I have ever had trouble cooking in this pan is eggs. It definitely is not egg friendly. However, if the pan is seasoned correctly, it cleans up easily. I have a Lodge set that we use for camping as well. I can put it directly over the fire to bake or cook meats.

• INDNBUTERFLI By  INDNBUTERFLI
    04.07.12

Love my cast iron skillets. This is the only way to cook cornbread or fried taters.

• jbcorcor By  jbcorcor
    12.01.11

For the price and performance of this pan, you really can't go wrong. If you're getting your first cast iron pan, I would definitely recommend this one!

• MissB22 By  MissB22
    11.10.11

I use cast iron all the time and this one is the easiest to keep clean and use. They season nice and keep quite clean!

• tennisgirl442 By  tennisgirl442
    09.10.11

Cast Iron is best if you are a "real" cook. And this pan brand is no different. The pan is great. Unbreakable, heats evenly, gives your food great flavor, and it easy to clean...just remember to NEVER use soap when cleaning cast iron...It's cause the pan to rust.

• mustafa By  mustafa
    09.10.11

I love my cast iron skillets.I can fry on stove,bake in the oven. Also, with the different weather, that we are having comes power outage so then you can cook in the fireplace,with it.Modern appliances are good but serve no real purpose with todays world.

• sherylita By  sherylita
    04.26.11

My doctor said I was low on iron, but since I cannot take iron supplements, he suggested I buy a cast iron pan. I guess some of the iron in the pan transfers to the food cooked in it. I looked for one for the longest time before I found the Lodge 12 inch skillet. Oh, my! I was sold on it the first time I used it. It cooks food beautifully, better than my other cookware. It is my pan of choice. I loved it so much, I purchased another 12 incher and a smaller skillet too. Seasoning with a little oil after washing keeps it ready to use! Lodge is my skillet of choice!

• caffeinatedmom By  caffeinatedmom
    03.31.11

I received two of these skillets for Christmas in 2009. I could not imagine my kitchen without them now! I used to always reach for my stainless cookware, but now these are my go-to skillets for most meals. I find that less oil is needed to keep food from sticking to these pans, and the cast iron lends to great browning and wonderful flavors for whatever I am cooking. Although I'd never put these in the dishwasher, cleanup is a breeze. After cooking, I fill the skillet with about an inch of water, bring to a boil, and scrape up anything that was left in the skillet. A quick dry and spray with olive oil, and it's ready for the next meal.

• SaphirasFlame By  SaphirasFlame
    09.18.10

By far cooking in cast iron is far superb to alot of the different pans I have tried.

• mindymule By  mindymule
    09.18.10

I make fresh homemade flour tortillas almost everyday and I must have my lodge flat pan to make them