Greenies Pill Pockets Treats Review Page 3 of 5 | SheSpeaks

• DDGIRL By  DDGIRL
    06.08.13

These are great for getting your dog to take medicine. I have a dog who can somehow find a pill and spit it out when you put it in his food but he will eat the pill pocket and therefore get his needed medication.

• jaxgma By  jaxgma
    12.01.11

These really helped us when our dog was sick. She ate her pills without a problem when they were wrapped in a Greenie Pill Pocket!

• chanteusse By  chanteusse
    09.28.11

This is by far the best ever for my cats. Previously, I struggled getting them to take their meds when needed. This makes it easy. The cats LOVE this method so much more!

• CrysB513 By  CrysB513
    09.22.11

Great for the dogs who always seem to spit the pill out, even if you hide it in cheese!

• kab1st By  kab1st
    09.22.11

I had a dog on multiple medications and these were a life saver. For the small pills these work fabulous. He did sometimes spit out the pill but I found that if you squish the pill pocket around the pill like play dough it works better and is harder to get it out. For large pills I would cut them in half if they were scored and do 2 pockets. For the truly stinky, nasty pills these were not the best, but could work on occasion.

• ABCMom By  ABCMom
    03.19.11

My parents gave me a few to use with my dog Chloe. Chloe is a smart dog who loves Greenies, but dislikes her pills. Chloe has figured out how to eat the pill pocket and spit out the pill. So I am sticking to the 1st plan and putting her pill in cheese cubes. Nutro has a great idea, for some dogs and cats, just not for Chloe.

• aburgstede By  aburgstede
    11.04.10

While I don't like the Greenies name (because of the actual Greenies chew things) I have purchased these to help with giving pills. They work great, the dogs love them.

• dressagekf By  dressagekf
    11.01.10

This product works awesome with clients that have trouble giving pills to their cat. Also i use them for my dog because she has a sensitive stomach and she loves them.

• pcelestegibson By  pcelestegibson
    09.28.10

When I worked at a vet in college we used these on troublesome dogs. They worked when nothing else would when it came to the dog taking a pill. They are great and have't met a dog that will not eat them

• itsrachelann By  itsrachelann
    09.11.10

very easy and convienent, but so expensive! Peanut butter works for me altho its messier. If they were more affordable I'd use them more.

• zebragirl42 By  zebragirl42
    07.31.10

I've tried hot dogs, bread, etc. to try to get my dog to take pills. These are the best option by far. They even smell good.

• bigwee By  bigwee
    06.01.10

My cat Douglas will eat these with the capsule hanging out the end of the pocket no problem (but he will eat anything including raw broccoli)!! My cat Sticks ate them the first time with the pills in them, then wouldn't touch them again!! Douglas did spit one out once and look at it like......this tastes weird....but he ate it anyway!! I gave him an empty one just so he would think the "bad tasting one" was just a fluke!!

• GeekWife By  GeekWife
    05.25.10

Good idea but the cats are smarter than Greenies thinks they are. Mine always ate the pocket and spit the pill right back at me. Perfect for a dog though because he just gulps anything down!

• NKET2010 By  NKET2010
    05.24.10

The cats were not tricked by these pill pockets....but the dogs loved them!

• Rainenight By  Rainenight
    05.24.10

Two paws up for these, great idea from greenies. My cats love them so much they didn't even consider a pill would be hiding in them!