Moby Wrap Baby Carrier | SheSpeaks

• MasterofMom MasterofMom
    06.20.13

Our daughter is colicky, and this thing has been a lifesaver for us. I love that there are different ways to wrap it, I love that it comes in different colors, and I love that it is so soft. This carrier isn't for everyone though. Some downsides to it that people should know before they buy it is that there is a learning curve to wrapping and wearing it properly, and until you get the hang of it, the bulges here and there may make some people uncomfortable. This isn't a great hot-weather item either - baby will probably get pretty sweaty in here. We combat that by putting our daughter in with just a diaper on to keep her cooler. On the plus side, that makes it great for skin to skin contact. You can wrap it so that it's practically a shirt on yourself, and although I wouldn't go out of the house wrapped in just this, it's great to wear at home with just a bra on and your baby in just a diaper. My daughter always loved the feel of being right next to me and it always put her straight to sleep. The biggest thing to warn of is that this is NOT a wrap for larger women to use. Although this thing is super long, by the time you get it all the way wrapped around, you won't have much wiggle room left. I wear a size 12 right now and it is a bit snug! If I was a 14 I don't think I would be comfortable using this, simply because of how tight I'd have to wrap it around myself. If a little bit of sweat and a thicker waistline don't trouble you, I'd say go for it! You and baby will both be pretty comfortable in this.

• khyaiin By  khyaiin
    07.21.15

I loved using this wrap when my little one was a newborn. It really helped make me feel closer to her and I felt like it soothed her. The one thing that was difficult was learning how to master tying it properly. I had to watch a few videos. Even now I am not sure that I ever mastered it. Now that she is older (9 months), I only use the Ergo because she weighs too much to not hurt my back. If you are bigger plus size woman, this works as does the Ergo.

• OkieDokieMama87 By  OkieDokieMama87
    07.13.15

My daughter practically lived in her Orange Moby Wrap for 2 years and loved it. She left the hospital at just over five pounds and required a lot of skin to skin to learn to eat so the Moby became very useful then but as she grew older she found different positions comfortable and just loved being close to me, as I loved having her close to me and still having my hands available if I needed them for cleaning or carrying her brother who is just a year older or whatever the case may have been. I just got a Moby wrap for my sister in law who has twins and she is in love as well. Great product to keep Mommy and Babies together and help Mommy when her hands are full in more than one sense!

• abundance1228 By  abundance1228
    04.30.15

Comfortable as long as its wrapped right. Lasted from newborn to toddler stage. The only thing was its a little warm to wear in the summer but that didnt stop me from using it. Kept my baby quiet and gave me a peace of mind.

• JustMissAsh By  JustMissAsh
    02.24.15

Once I could figure out a way of wrapping it and feeling confident in it, I would use it but the instructions are confusing and I always worry. I love the idea but I'm nervous. Don't want to drop baby. But this is an awesome product. I see lots of people use these and have no problem. They look and work great. Perfect for being able to carry baby and still get stuff done.

• maryiodith By  maryiodith
    02.15.15

We love our Moby wrap! My daughter loved sleeping in it when she was young, and facing forward while I shopped once she was older. Easy to use, comfy and helpful for a mom to get stuff done!

• kellimanthey85 By  kellimanthey85
    01.01.15

Great carrier once you get used to it. It is kind of hard to get the hang of exactly how to wrap it. I always felt like the knots were going to come undone. I don't really think they were meant to use on thicker women, but I made it work. The only other thing I didn't like was when I used it in the summer it was crazy hot for both me and my daughter.

• melmck2 By  melmck2
    10.29.14

I really like the Moby wrap. The only problem I have with it is how long it takes to put on. By the time I get it in, my baby wants to do something else. Other than that, it's great for when they are brand new.

• rainstorms By  rainstorms
    10.07.14

I got this with my last child, there is a 8 year difference between the last and the older 2 and I do not know how I ever got through the baby stages with out my moby!!! I could not live with out this product. Once I got it (in chocolate) I was like oh what did I order this is to hard but after I figured out how to put it on, my son loved it. He was in it more then out. I was sad when he out grew it but I still have it. It just reminds me of my baby. I believe it did bond us closer together..

• HappyMum By  HappyMum
    07.31.14

I am not a Moby fan. I felt the entire process of getting my baby into the wrap was a hassle and time waster. I know of women who love this wrap, but I am certainly not one.

• MiaGorrell By  MiaGorrell
    07.17.14

I think this wrap is best for newborns who sleep a lot and just want to be close to you. I tried this with my daughter at 6 weeks and she hated it. It's also confusing at first to learn how to tie it. I'd recommend the Ergo over this.