e l f Cosmetics Makeup | SheSpeaks

• A_williamsbeauty A_williamsbeauty
    05.14.12

I am partial with elf makeup products. I do feel that they are cheap and depending on what you are using they can be excellent for the price. I purchased a few items within the past month and was presently surprised with the results. I bout the liquid eye liner in black which I give 5 stars, it takes a few seconds to dry but not a biggie. I also bought there 12 piece makeup brush set which I love. There eyebrow kit (for my mom) and she loves it. I also purchase a few eye shadows, I really prefer baked eye shadow but this worked out better than I thought. I didn?t really care for their eye primer it might be the color that bothers me the most, but for a dollar it?s not bad. Over all I will continue to buy elf products and pray that they will develop a line a baked shadows. Oh and the lipsticks I purchased all smell like fruit! I love them as well!

• Laura2008 Laura2008
    05.23.14

I find that the majority of the elf products I have tested are terrible. Their eyeshadows are decent. However, in order to feel content with the look of my eyeshadows; I have to use an eye primer when I wear put them on. If iI do not they fade away within a few hours. I do not like the mascara because it makes my eyelashes go completely flat. THEIR FACE PRIMER makes my breakout, and the overall quality of the brushes, eyelash curlers and even their packaging looks and feels generic. I would rather wear Wet n Wild over ELF products. Not that I would, but if that was my choice, I am very picky about what goes on my face, and ELF products is not one of them.

• msharo01 By  msharo01
    01.27.16

For the price, I think they get the job done. I have been a fan of their eyebrow kit for a few years now, and at $3 it's a steal. I've tried a few of their brushes and its been hit or miss depending on the brush. I love their kabuki brush, but I hated their angled contour brush. Their fake eyelashes are $1 each which I love, since I always ruin them after the first wear anyway.

• Pinklover9 By  Pinklover9
    01.26.16

Love the products. Made my skin look great and are nice gifts to family and friends. They loved it.

• aim674 By  aim674
    01.13.16

e.l.f. cosmetics is an example of a great drugstore makeup product. I have tried many elf cosmetics - from primers to lip sticks. I personally use the eyebrow wax and powder set almost everyday. It gives a natural looking brow without going too far overboard. Although I like the foundation primers, they are a bit of a rip off. The packaging is quite deceiving to consumers by making it appear that the container holds more product than it actually does.

• TaylorMarie96 By  TaylorMarie96
    11.30.15

Elf is an all around great product, depending on what you purchase. I love their eye shadows and smokey eye kits and would absolutely recommend those to anyone who is looking for a simple, cheat and well put together product and long lasting wear. I use the smokey eye palettes on a daily basis and they're my go-to product! The lip products are decent. I think that you could find a better brand due to the chunky ness and dry ness that the lip sticks leave on your lips but they're good for short time wear. I would also recommend the smudge pot eye shadows! They're amazing and great quality!

• Shecares1 By  Shecares1
    11.29.15

The eye shadows and blush are great. Lip product looks uneven when applied. Decent for the price.

• arlette2525 By  arlette2525
    11.18.15

I think their products are very affordable and some are actually good quality. Not everything is great but you can't beat the price.

• Cfount5 By  Cfount5
    11.16.15

ELF is a surprisingly fantastic product at an affordable price. I could compare their matte lipsticks to those that are $20-$30. The color pigment is deep and stays on for hours. The same goes for their baked eye shadows. The setting spray gives my foundation the shine free look that I'm obsessed with. I would recommend these products to any make up buff.

• sierrao By  sierrao
    11.14.15

The price of elf makeup makes it a great bargain makeup and I would say that its some of the best drugstore products. BUT some of the products aren't worth the price even if it is extremely cheap. I personally love the lip products and eye shadows but I wouldn't recommend wasting your money on the mascara and liquid eyeliners. My top favorite things from this brand is my eyebrow product and they also have amazing brushes!!!!!!

• ajwatkins78 By  ajwatkins78
    11.14.15

Elf is super affordable! I line the brushes more so than the make up.

• jenxsan By  jenxsan
    11.08.15

i like elf cosmetics, they are truly affordable. Although i feel as if some of their products lack pigmentation, but overall a great cosmetic brand.