Sara Gruen Water for Elephants | SheSpeaks

• Pistachio Pistachio
    04.25.13

The movie (urgh, Robert Pattinson) kind of made me not want to read the book, to be honest with you. However, I picked the book up one day, after a couple of friends had recommended it to me. I decided that I was so bored that I thought, "Okay, you know what? Whatever. I've got time to kill anyway", so I started reading it. Water for Elephants is amazing. It's so beautiful and poignant and clever. There are several spots where I nearly cried. I had no idea the circus could be so..... ridiculous, and such an exciting life. The main character is a passionate voice, with a fully developed history, and his narration is so witty. I loved it. However, *warning there is a sex scene.* Just.... prepare yourselves. Although I'll bet this is nothing compared to 50 Shades of Grey. ;)

• arlette2525 By  arlette2525
    11.08.15

I loved this book! It was a page turner. It kept me guessing with a few surprises!

• emimorgan By  emimorgan
    11.03.15

book is better than the movie - i really liked this one!

• apknutson By  apknutson
    09.01.15

Fantastic book. The movie is also really good! I read it awhile back and would like to reread the book. Many of my friends and family read the book too!

• aquagirl45 By  aquagirl45
    08.29.15

Rather depressing to me because I prefer a happier or an educational book. But the characters were well developed in the book, and in the movie as well. I did enjoy the movie better, due to Robert Pattinson! But I had to put this book down for a while, due to medical issues of a family member, and after several months, I was "stirred" to continue reading to the end!

• Mujika By  Mujika
    08.26.15

I definitely can't put it down! It's a great story, very romantic and adorable.

• tkaspar By  tkaspar
    08.25.15

loved the book, way better than the movie, makes me want to join the circus

• Beautifuldisaster30 By  Beautifuldisaster30
    08.19.15

Awesome book, I actually read it after I seen the movie and I must say I like the book much better

• vlb0920 By  vlb0920
    08.16.15

In my list of Top 20! Was randomly given to me and was not sure if I would like it. I still remember it!!

• dyedblonde By  dyedblonde
    08.11.15

One of my favorite books of the past few years. I loved the complicated love story and seeing a glimpse of what life in the circus was like. Definitely not all fun and games and a lot of hustle. I own the book and have read it twice. I would definitely recommend it for a read.

• Mikhthr74 By  Mikhthr74
    08.11.15

I loved the book. Especially the ending. Elephants never forget!!! The movie, not so much, I was disappointed.