PediPaws Pet Nail Trimmer | SheSpeaks

• aharden aharden
    10.17.14

My dog hated it, couldn't even get near him to try it. The cat didn't like it much either. It didn't work well. Have to really add pressure for it to work at all. I love the idea but needs improvement.

• haygirl77 By  haygirl77
    02.26.09

I like this product for my Bulldog. At first my dog was scared but she got used to the noise and lets me use the pedipaw. I would reccomend this product to a friend with trained dogs.

• ticklemeusilly By  ticklemeusilly
    02.26.09

I went out and bought it because I thought it would be so wonderful, and then I was very disappointed. Both of my dogs were terrified of the noise and would not sit still for it, so it became a wrestling match with them trying to calm them and show them it was not going to hurt them, and still, it was a no go. We never got them to let us to trim their nails with it. Then I thought ok, I will try the cats, well that too was a no go, if I thought the dogs were afraid, the cats were terrified...they climbed up me and were out of there. So overall, it was a complete waste of money for us. I gave it away to my sister to see if her pets would let her try it, she had the same results, then she gave it to a friend, and so on. I have lost track of it now. But you get the point...I think it is a waste of money, unless you are willing to sit on your pet to hold them down and force them to get their paws trimed.

• sbuttercup By  sbuttercup
    02.24.09

I heard a lot of bad things abotu this and decided to not buy it! My dog does not like the traditional clippers at all! Maybe I will have to borrow my stepdads dremel and try that!

• asbender By  asbender
    02.23.09

Great information about the dremel. Thanks!

• minpinlvr By  minpinlvr
    02.22.09

I also have a small dog and thought it took too long to file. I went and bought the Pedicure and that is the best investment I ever spent for dog supplies!

• duvessa By  duvessa
    02.20.09

I have actually used this on my dog who hates his nails done by a regular set of nail trimmers and he loved it. It was really easy to use and it didn't hurt his nails or anything. Its unfortunate that some found its motor weak because mine was fine. Then again I have a small terrier that I use it on not my larger lab/husky mix, maybe that is why the motor is fine for me. All in all I would recommend it for small animals.

• lmikulski By  lmikulski
    02.20.09

The reviews are right- it has a very weak motor. BUT, rather than completely dismissing it, I varied my technique, and was successful. All in all, I think a Dremel would be better, and we may work up to it- but this was a good starter to get my dog used to the vibration/noise of filing her nails and help her overcome her fear of having her nails touched in general.