Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Get Started Kit | SheSpeaks

• Sculthorpe Sculthorpe
    08.23.13

Bare Minerals makeup can be expensive, however you get what you pay for, and the product lasts a long time (a little goes a long way)!!! I have to be careful with what I put on my skin because not only is it sensitive, but also acne-prone. This makeup has a very light and natural feel to it, no caked-on sensations. Also, the Bare Mineral foundation powder doesn't accentuate and get down in your pores, like some liquid foundations do. I'm not sure how great it would be for someone who needs extra coverage though...like I said, it's very light!

• bellaleo By  bellaleo
    02.10.10

Love BE-perfect coverage, quick and easy and great for your skin. For anyone who thinks it looks a little drier on the skin I recommend using the primer and there is also a facial mist that seals your makeup and does give you a dewy look. I went to BE store thinking I looked a little dry too and since adding the spray I am very happy with the line.

• Larawithoutau By  Larawithoutau
    10.02.09

It is really important to moisturize you skin (dab dry with towel after showering), apply moisturizer and allow to absorb into skin while combing out you hair, toweling off, brushing teeth....then apply the product. It really is a wonderful product, doesn't clog pores, great for fair skin and produces great results. I've been using for over 2 years now. Initially, it took me a while to accept not putting liquid foundation on. But my skin never looked better! The built in SPF is a skin saver in itself! I agree, it does make for messy coutertops, they clean up quicker than wrinkles can be erased though : )

• MomaNikki82 By  MomaNikki82
    09.05.09

Too oily and did not last.

• ratlady65 By  ratlady65
    08.17.09

I have only one complaint about BE powder foundation.. I am in my forties and the foundation makes my skin look drier and shows my wrinkles more. I still can't find a foundation for my skin

• stefaniek99 By  stefaniek99
    08.16.09

Absolutely love BareMinerals. I have very fair, oily skin. This is the only foundation I've tried that gives me coverage and doesn't make me break out! It's also the only foundation I've used that matches my super pale skin tone (I use #1 shade and it blends in very naturally). My one suggestion is that you should always use a moisturizer before using Bare Minerals. That way the powder doesn't settle in dry patches. I also use a primer so that way the foundation lasts longer.

• katievj00 By  katievj00
    08.14.09

i just got the starter kit not too long ago, i was a little worried when i first started using it, just because i was used to a liquid foundation..... but i love it! i have been using it every day. it covers just enough but it doesnt look cakey. and i think that my complextion has cleared up and my skin looks good! im not using my old make up anymore.

• astoriagirl By  astoriagirl
    08.08.09

I loved this kit and now am a full time user of bareminerals. It takes no time at all to put on and feels like you don't have makeup on. It is 25 for each foundation but it last almost a year. I recommend popping holes and not taking the sticker off the inside as it make it easier to use.

• sourcherries By  sourcherries
    08.04.09

Forgot to mention that BE brushes are crap. I have the Bobbi Brown set but bought into the BE brushes because I figured I needed a kabuki, etc. Despite careful handling and storage, these bristles keep falling out and worse are so rough they've gouged my cheeks!

• amisland_girl By  amisland_girl
    07.05.09

I don't normally wear makeup, but a friend of mine swears by bare minerals. I tried it and love it! I also love that it has SPF. Great product!

• suki1283 By  suki1283
    06.19.09

Great product! I started using Bare Essentuals in my teens, so at the time I issues with acne. Using something so light really did help my complextion, instead of using greasy foundations that clog your pores. I agree that it can be messy particularly if you are prone to dropping things like I am.