Elizabeth Gilbert Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia Review Page 2 of 4 | SheSpeaks

• topgunphantom By  topgunphantom
    01.24.12

i liked this book and the movie but the movie was better since it showed bali and the yoga retreat where elizabeth met the cool guy from texas.

• snols82 By  snols82
    01.06.12

Unfortunately I did not enjoy this book and i really thought I would. I could not get into it at all. I did not even finish it. I just couldn't.

• cchrista By  cchrista
    12.11.11

i think this book is not for everyone. i really enjoyed the story of personal travel and finding yourself when you don't expect to.

• Madegan By  Madegan
    12.11.11

I love this book. I absolutely hated the movie though. I thought the that the author was doing something that I would love to have the opportunity to do but could never afford to do.

• dressagekf By  dressagekf
    12.05.11

I had a hard time getting through this book. It was very slow going.

• Rontronese By  Rontronese
    12.02.11

Started reading this book but was a very slow read. Did not enjoy it.

• Creativemama22 By  Creativemama22
    12.01.11

Starting out I enjoyed this book however somewhere in reading it started to lose my interest. It seems that it took me twice as long to read this book than any other book.

• Chrisu By  Chrisu
    12.01.11

I liked it ok, I kept feeling like it was going in circles and not really changing all that much. I was hoping to love it so much I would want to read it again or even want to read the next one. But it didn't grab my attention that much!

• katechris By  katechris
    11.22.11

The Movie was pretty good, the book was ok.. Usually it is the other way around for me. I always seem to enjoy the book more than the movie, however this was not the case.

• Lainie911 By  Lainie911
    11.10.11

This book was so boring, I could not even finish it. I have to say, the movie is much better then the book.

• desde74 By  desde74
    11.07.11

I think that this book is interesting depending on where you are in your life. My younger co-worker hated this book whereas I could relate to her issues with her husband and with trying to find herself and to find meaning in her life. I thoroughly enjoyed the Italy section. It was fun, light and vibrant. The part in India is much harder to get through but I think she learns a lot in that section and it's a person education. It might not click with everyone. I would recommend it to my friends who are in a quandary about their lives.

• remy411 By  remy411
    10.26.11

I am an avid reader and was really looking forward to reading this book. I found it really hard to get involved in I never made it past the first chapter it just didn't grab my interest.

• Kenya820 By  Kenya820
    10.10.11

I typically gravitate towards memoirs but this book was utterly terrible. I felt like the author was whiney and ungrateful. There are so many other great motivational books- skip this one.

• BresBaubles By  BresBaubles
    09.22.11

I really enjoyed the story and the point of view of this book. It is actually inspiring to me even though I haven't been through all of her struggles, I still related to her. I found myself hoping to help and wanting to hug her.

• mscupcakegirl By  mscupcakegirl
    04.11.11

Couldn't even finish the book....a lot of hype but it didn't live up to it!