Feline Pine Cat Litter | SheSpeaks

• blusmurfette21 By  blusmurfette21
    10.26.11

The idea of it seems good, my friend absolutely loves this for her two cats, but mine hate it. I followed the directions and mixed it with my old stuff as instructed but once the cat mixed it to the top, they stopped using the litterbox... oh well! Kinda stinks though.

• Dover314 By  Dover314
    10.09.11

My cat hates Feline Pine. He refuses to go if it's in his litter box. The scent was a little strong for me as well.

• jackieb80 By  jackieb80
    08.30.11

I like this product..but only give it two stars for the price. It doesn't stop the smell like clay cat litter. However, clay is less healthy for me and my cats with the dust and perfumes added to it. It did take a little time for my cats to get used to it. I found an alternative to Feline Pine at my local feed store...they sell a similiar item for horse stall bedding. It works the same as Feline Pine but is only about $8 for a 40 lb bag.

• junieB By  junieB
    03.10.11

I am so glad I made the switch to Feline Pine. The newer clumping version is even better than the original, and the clumps are flushable which makes scooping it every day a breeze! I no longer smell cat pee + yucky perfumes, just a pleasant natural pine scent. The only drawback is that it does stick to the cat's fur but it is a small price that I am willing to pay for a safe, natural, and effective product. The price isn't really that bad when you consider that 10 pounds of sawdust is a lot more volume than 10 pounds of clay. Plus their website has coupons, rebates, and a points program that really helps to offset the cost. Besides, I am always willing to pay a premium for my pets' and my family's health.

• mbs615 By  mbs615
    02.09.11

I like the idea, but my cat didn't. I purchased after I had my cat declawed...I didn't use it very long, but I didn't really care for it..It was hard to clean out. My cat is much happier with the regular litter..

• Poohcifer By  Poohcifer
    01.10.11

I like the idea of buying a biodegradable litter so I purchased this product. Unfortunately, my cats did not like it. I think the hard pellets are too big. Maybe if they were smaller pellets... I would definitely try another biodegradable product so maybe another variation of this product would work for my cats and me.

• missmossy By  missmossy
    01.02.11

My cat hated this stuff. It's a good possibility that he's stuck in his old ways of normal cat litter but he refused to get in his litter box. My cat has never had accidents in the house since I've had him but when I used this he actually went and used the bathroom on my bed! That is what he thought of this new litter. I've switched back to his normal kind and he never had an accident since then either...

• Shannontish By  Shannontish
    12.28.10

I bought some on a whim and HATED it. It could just be that my cats weren't used to it, but I just didn't like it.

• nicrea05 By  nicrea05
    12.01.10

My cats would use this but they would not bury their feces, so it stunk up the house. They went not extreamly fond of the stuff. I won't buy it again...but maybe I just have picky cats.

• catbombs By  catbombs
    11.04.10

I have used pine pellets for about 8 years - ever since I discovered them. It really cuts down on the urine smell. I have many indoor cats - I always have. BUT.... the price is ridiculous!! I recently discovered that feed stores carry 30lb bags of "Horse Bedding" which is basically the EXACT SAME STUFF - it is pine, but the pellets are just a little big larger than Feline Pine. Here's the kicker (pun intended!) - the 40lb bag sells for $7-$8, where as the Feline Pine sells their 20lb bag for MUCH, MUCH, MORE. Check out the horse bedding - one brand is called "Guardian" and here's their website: http://www.guardianhorsebedding.com/pinepellets.htm. I'm giving this product a 3-star because it is a great product, BUT... they must be making a killing in profit.