Downy Ball Fabric Softener Review Page 2 of 4 | SheSpeaks

• tmaadman By  tmaadman
    05.16.13

Sorry guys I just dont' like these, messy to use and it doesn't always work right. When it works its ok but not worth the trouble.

• fergyscoop By  fergyscoop
    11.29.12

I love the Downey ball! It's very convenient because I don't have a cool washer that you fill softener in lol.

• justrenea By  justrenea
    08.28.12

Before I got a washer with a bult in dispenser I used this thing religiously. The only thing I didn't like about it was that water would get trapped in it after it opened. Otherwise, this product was great and if I didn't have a bult in dispenser I would still be using it.

• snols82 By  snols82
    08.26.12

This product is convenient so the flaws it has are not that big of a deal to me when I actually use it. With that said, here are the couple of things that stop this from being amazing much like everyone else has said they don't always function 100% correctly all the time and doesn't dispense the fabric softener the way it should. True about staining your clothes at times as well as the liquid doesn't come out all the way.

• megmar By  megmar
    02.16.12

I love this product as I am a liquid fabric softener user and hate trying to catch the rinse cycle! Once in a while the ball won't open as it should, other than that it's GREAT!!

• alwaystru1 By  alwaystru1
    01.25.12

I love my downy ball ! Just toss it and forget it

• JustTracey By  JustTracey
    01.24.12

I've used the Downy ball for years and have never had a problem with it opening pre-maturely. I love this product as I don't have to break my neck running down the basement stairs trying to catch the rinse cycle.

• Mousssey By  Mousssey
    01.24.12

I love the idea but it just doesn't work right... sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't and when it does open it is full of water so when I pull it out it drenches whatever is under it.

• jygriebel By  jygriebel
    01.22.12

I have used the Downy ball off and on for years. It's an okay product, it is convenient in that you don't have to go running to the washer and put fabric softener in when the rinse cycle started. But sometimes the stopper thing gets stuck and it doesn't work right, it also tends to "hide" in my clothes and go into the dryer with them.

• ncdebbieb By  ncdebbieb
    01.15.12

Sometimes it opens & sometimes it doesn't. And when it does, that doesn't mean all the softener comes out.

• momakris By  momakris
    01.11.12

Wonderful!!

• YoursTruley By  YoursTruley
    12.12.11

I enjoy the idea and the product, whenever I remebered to use it. I think it works great and the idea behind it is also great, however it was very easily misplaced and the pull to shut thing on the top I found got a little warpped after a few uses.

• wink0erin By  wink0erin
    12.02.11

I got one of these when I moved into an apartment, since there was no softener dispenser. It was nice because I didn't have to time the cycles to figure out when I could run down and add softener, just had to toss it in and wait! However, sometimes it would not empty properly and I'd find softener stains on my clothing. I recommend this product for anyone who uses a machine with no built in dispenser, but if you have a built in dispenser, don't bother using this!

• CountryGirlOH By  CountryGirlOH
    11.21.11

My apartment washer doesn't have a softener dispenser, so I have to use the Downy Ball if I want to use softener. I have had problems with the ball not opening, or not emptying. When the ball doesn't empty, it has been known to just spill on the clothes at the bottom and has routinely left dark stains on some of my clothing, which I don't notice until after they've been dried and the stains are set by then. I wish it worked as well for me as it does for others. It may work better in other washing machines, I've tried it with 3.

• lueirv By  lueirv
    11.21.11

I have been considering purchasing this product. From the reviews it seems that most users find it useful, so I may try it. Thanks!