Philips Wake up Light | SheSpeaks

• dbvernon dbvernon
    02.20.12

I think this is a great innovative product to help you or your children wake up in the morning especially if you have to wake up before the sun is up. I am not a morning person at all but this product has made me feel better in the mornings, which has made it easier for me to wake up. I would definitely recommend this product. I like the different wake up features offered too.

• lisas12 By  lisas12     SheSpeaks Tester
    01.11.12

I have honestly only gotten to try this a handful of times with the holidays being hectic with family visiting and such. I'll definitely use it more now that things are back to a somewhat slower pace. When I did use it, I definitely noticed the gentleness with which I seemed to awaken instead of the buzzing and shock of a traditional style alarm clock. That, in itself, is a plus as we do not treat ourselves gently enough in today's society.

• jprice By  jprice     SheSpeaks Tester
    01.10.12

The Pacific Northwest can be a very dark place, especially at this time of year. This wonder of modern technology brings more light into my life. I use the alarm consistently and have found that I am able to wake up with greater ease and in a better mood than when a sharp loud buzzing noise rings out in the dark. The unit is small enough to sit on a bedside table and I find myself using it as an ambient light in the bedroom beyond its use as an alarm clock. The same is true of the radio. I have recommended this product to many of my friends. Love it!

• mizsonya By  mizsonya     SheSpeaks Tester
    01.05.12

This light makes a beautiful light and it is bright enough to read by and highly adjustable. However, I can't always get the light to turn on with the alarm. I haven't figured out how to get that to work consistently. The first few times it woke me 30 minutes before the alarm because I was used to a totally dark room. Now I sometimes don't get wakened by the light at all (even if it has turned on), but if it has been on I feel like I'm a little bit more awake. Its programming is not like any other clock I've ever used and I still struggle with it. When half awake in the morning I never can set the snooze, I always accidentally turn it all the way off. The chirping birds are lovely. The first time they came on, I was dreaming that I was back in childhood at my grandparents' house in the country. I truly didn't want to wake out of that dream, though. Overall, I enjoy this light/lamp/radio/alarm a lot and hope I can understand its workings a bit better.

• MovingMom By  MovingMom
    01.05.12

What a great way to wake up on what usually is a gray morning here in Oregon. Not only are my mornings brighter but I can actually do my nighttime reading with it. No more sleepy wake ups for me, I let the Phillips Wake Up Light get me going for the day!

• THauge By  THauge     SheSpeaks Tester
    01.04.12

I am definitely not a morning person, and due to my wonderful friend, insomnia, I have a really hard time getting up most days. The Philips Wake-Up Light definitely made it easier for me to get up in the mornings for about the 1st week. The light definitely starting waking me up and by the time the birds starting chirping, I was awake enough to get up and start my day. Sometime during the second week, even though the light was set at the brightest level, I wouldn't wake up as easily. In fact, the light wouldn't faze me at all. The birds chirping would still wake me up at least. At this point, the light feature itself doesn't wake me at all, and the chirping birds wake me most of the time. Overall, I really like the product and am happy with it. It works wonderfully for my husband. The light wakes him every time and he is very happy with it. I probably would love this product more if I didn't struggle so much with insomnia.

• jamirob By  jamirob     SheSpeaks Tester
    01.04.12

I really enjoyed the philips wake up light. It really does work and makes me feel less groggy in the morning. Waking up to the bird sounds is pleasant. I would recommend this product to anyone, especially if you live in an area where the mornings are very dark.

• assembler By  assembler     SheSpeaks Tester
    01.01.12

I am enjoying using this light/alarm clock. It is larger than I was expecting it to be but now that I have been using it I appreciate using it as my bedside light- it is exactly the type of light I prefer to use bedside- contained so it is muted with no possibility of a direct bulb in my eyes. I do wish there was an option of just light turning on and no sound at all, but I guess most people wouldn't need that, but i would like it for the weekend. . .

• kmovva By  kmovva     SheSpeaks Tester
    01.01.12

Excellent light. Best design I have ever seen. Ability to adjust brightness is great. Highly recommend. A+++++

• hal4dtl By  hal4dtl     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.30.11

I tried the Philips Wake up Light but it is back in it's box. I could see this working better for someone who is single or maybe for a couple who wake up together at the same time but it does not work really work too good if one person has to wake earlier than the other. It can make for some really cranky mornings. Works nice as a light to read by and a radio. Maybe it is also the years of hitting that snoose button just one more time...

• ksmoran By  ksmoran     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.29.11

this item is alot bigger than i thought it would be, but i do have to admit it works wonderfully it wakes me up gradually kind of like the sun in the summer, and i have noticed that it isnt such a jolt to my system