Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup | SheSpeaks

• MomeeGina MomeeGina
    03.24.12

I can't say enough wonderful things about this powder. I have used this product for 20 years and I have tried to step out and try new powders but nothing compares to my Lancome Dual Finish! The coverage is amazing and it leaves the skin smooth. LOVE it!!

• Rosalie_ By  Rosalie_
    10.16.11

I've used Lancome's Dual Finish Powder Makeup as foundation for years. In fact, I don't leave home without it. Lancome markets it as versatile, and it truly is. For about $35, you receive a beautiful 0.67oz compact, puff and sponge. Currently, I use the shade, "Matte Rose Clair II." There are at least twenty-five shades to choose from, so finding the right match for your skin should be no hassle. The powder can be applied dry or wet, depending on your coverage requirements. Likewise, it can be applied by itself (over moisturizer, of course) or over primer/concealer. I consider my skin to be about normal, and I don't have acne or breakouts the majority of the time. Therefore, most of the time, I strictly apply the powder with the puff on top of my moisturizer and eye concealer (I use Clinique's All About Eyes Concealer in 01 Light Neutral). The powder makes my skin look matte with natural looking coverage, and its staying power is awesome! Although I carry it in my purse, I rarely reach for it, depending on the weather or what I may be doing on a particular day. Applying it wet with the sponge doesn't lead to a superb natural finish if your face has dry/flaky skin or pimples. From my experience, any skin flaws will lead to a slightly unnatural finish when applied wet. Also, the powder does have a scent that may not be pleasing to all. Upon application, I certainly smell it, though I don't notice shortly thereafter. If you're looking for a powder makeup that goes on smooth, with lasting power and versatility, I don't think Lancome's Dual Finish Powder Makeup will disappoint.