LeapFrog LeapPad

LeapFrog LeapPad

4.8
              Rated #2 in Learning
31 Reviews 4.8/5 stars

I wanted to save the leappad for a Christmas present, but we recently had an 18 hour drive across country, so I gave it to my 3.5 year old early. The thing is amazing! It kept her entertained through a great deal of the trip. Yes, it is $99, but keep in mind the games run about $25 and then there is the battery situation. It takes 4 AA, and boy does it run through them! I will be purchasing the AC adapter and rechargeable batteries soon. I also want to caution any parents that plan on giving this to their child Christmas morning... It takes a while to get it set up. So you may want to open the package early and download the program before giving it. By no means are these complaints... just things I wish I had known in advance. I loved Leapfrog products before, but they have outdone themselves...

My granddaughters love this product (3-6 years old). Very educational games and hours of learning. It seems very durable and the games are very reasonably priced. Makes a good entertainment source for car trips.

Love it! I like that the LeapPad from Leapfrog combines learning and fun. The LeapPad is recommended for children ages 4-9. That makes 3 out of 5 for me. I'm a homeschooler, and it can be difficult to motivate my young children. I like the way you can by games, e-books and apps. You can also watch full length movies by Leapfrog which are also educational. The LeapPad offers awards to get kids even more excited. The design is also great. It'll leave your kids feeling even a little extra special because they have a tablet with a screen that responds to touch. The LeapPad has a camera which allows your kids to take pictures and shoot videos and have fun by adding their own personal touch.

I don't normally write reviews but we love the LeapPad so much I had to! I waited for a few months before writing one since it is a new product. My son (5 years) got this for Christmas along with a few of the games. He loves this thing! He can work on his writing, listening skills and all the games truly teach reading, writing and math. I had one set of recharables for Christmas morning and already set it up on the computer ( make sure you do this before handing this off to you kiddo) I have since got another set of recharables, this thing eats the batteries fast, for only 99.99 I did not expect a battery system for it. Over all LOVE, LOVE, and my son could not love it any more then he already does!

My nieces love this product and it keeps them busy on car rides

We bought a leap pad for our 3 year old granddaughter last Christmas and it's still her favorite toy. She has learned to write her name by tracing the letters in one of the games that came with the Leap Pad. There is a camera on it, and it can also play videos that come with the games. She uses it in the car whenever they go someplace and it keeps her occupied in a good way as it's educational. She loves the doodle program! She prefers the cartridges over buying downloads because she feels so grown up putting them in and taking them out, but either way there are many options for upgrades as the child continues to learn the lessons presented by each game. Her parents keep her time on it limited or else she would be on it all day! I know it's not recomended for children her age, but there are many programs that are suited to a curious child of 3 and like I said, she's learned to write her name all by herself. :-) In this age of computers I think it's a good option as an introduction to a handheld PC.

This is great for my four yeard old. even my 11 year son likes to play with it. I wish I had this before I boughht her an iPod. The leap pad is much more geared to education!

I love this leappad it is so easy for little hands to use and so easy to pick up on activites that both my 2 yr old and 5 yr have one of their own. The games have so many activites, and it teaches everything form spelling to reading and everything in between. My son loves the camera and has everyone pose for pictures, now if he would snap and wait for the pic ture to appear before he moved it :)

My son got this for his birthday and he plays it everyday. come to find out, he now has a second grade level status at only 4 yrs old! awesome learning tool!

Great product. My niece loves using her leapPad. She feels like she has an Ipad.

My son has the LeapPad and does enjoy it. There is a camera and an option to morph pictures which he loves - nothing like turning mom's picture all topsy turvy! The games are very nice - I try to keep an eye out for sales to help keep the costs down. I do have some issues with the price of both cartridges and downloadable content - It is hard when you can get an iPad app for $1.99 or even free, but a similar app for this is $7 or more. Its not to say they are bad apps, but its just harder to justify the extra cost when I know I can find something as equally suitable for less. I will say this is definitely rough and tumble too - my son has dragged it, dropped it, sat on it and buried it under toys and it is holding its own so that makes me very happy! Even with the price of content I would most likely buy this again.

We love the Leappad!! Even my eight year old begs her little brother to use it so she can warp pictures on it. There is only one downfall that I have experienced, the expensive downloads! In thinking about it, after putting just four $25 games on it, it quickly becomes a $200+ unit. I really think that the apps need to be priced more reasonably!!

My daughter loves her leappad. I just wish the batteries lasted longer then 2-3 days!

My daughter has had a LeapPad2 for a couple years now and for the most part we absolutely love it. Her favorite features are the front and back facing camera and the movies/shows (you have to purchase and download them). I love that all of the characters that are featured she is familiar with and enjoys watching- Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Sesame Street, Bubble Guppies. The tablet itself is very sturdy. My daughter has dropped and even tossed it onto the floor and no harm was done. One thing that I wish was different though, is that the apps are quite pricey compared to apps from google plus store or similar app stores.

My son got the leap pad ultra for his birthday. He likes it but doesn't spend a whole lot of time on it. He prefers to play with my tablet. It does hold his attention long enough to get through wait times at the doctor, waiting for food at a restaurant or short road trips. My 2 year-old daughter thinks it is awesome. Of course, she is still too young to really navigate on her own or understand how to play most of the games we have. Both of my kiddos enjoy the books on the Leap pad.