Vitamix 5200 Blender Review Page 2 of 2 | SheSpeaks

• angelger28 By  angelger28
    01.27.12

I can't imagine life without our Vitamix! We use it every day. It's definitely upped the amount of veggies my 4 year old son eats. Worth every cent.

• brinasn By  brinasn
    01.07.12

I love love my vita mix!! So worth the investment!!

• sunshinegrl1979 By  sunshinegrl1979
    12.07.11

I agree with everyone - this is the go-to blender for just about everything! I make ice cream, smoothies, protein drinks, soup, fondue, flour, cocktails, and more with this baby. It's not cheap but it's worth its weight in gold. I've tried Blend Tec but this works a lot better. Love it, love it, love it!

• Bobbiegirl56 By  Bobbiegirl56
    12.07.11

Best Blender I have ever purchased. I was not sure about this blender at first, it was very expensive. It replaces a lot of other tools in your kitchen. I can make Hot Soups, Hummus and he best smoothies! Well worth the money and would never use another blender....

• janeenmodean By  janeenmodean
    12.04.11

This is the most awesome blender I've ever seen and experienced! Hot soups, coffee drinks...better than the coffee places! Even ice cream, or sorbet, with nutritious ingredients in them! This is the item to buy if you want to make healthy, vitamin filled yummies in next to no time! Well worth the money!!!!

• ArdysAngel By  ArdysAngel
    12.02.11

Hubby got this for me last Christmas....I love cooking, baking, new recipes, practically anything having to do with my kitchen. Our blender burnt out several weeks before...guess I made too many smoothies! Hubby really did his research, my Vitamix is not "just" a blender...I use it to make hot soupsa, as a chopper, food processor, etc.....I LOVE MY VITAMIX! Although the item is initially pricey, it replaces so many other kitchen gadgets, has so many uses and such a great warranty it is worth every single penny!!

• debvancouver By  debvancouver
    12.01.11

I've had my Vitamix for a year and I LOVE it! I have both the regular container as well as the grain special container and use them both. My son loves the wide range of smoothies I make, my friends love the fresh-from-the-garden pureed soups and I'm currently busy making homemade celery salt, vegetable bullion and wild-mushroom salt. It's hard to imagine what I did without it.

• justrelaxing By  justrelaxing
    12.01.11

love this, simply amazed at each new recipe I can make in the vita mix, it blends smoothies so smooth! makes salsa, hummus soups , love it!!!

• Hockeygem17 By  Hockeygem17
    12.01.11

This is by far the best purchase I've ever made. I had second thoughts after ordering it due to the price but once I received it, read through the instructions and used it, I LOVE IT! I make homemade peanut butter for my dad, hummus, great smoothies and soups. This thing can do anything and I'm so happy I purchased it. The cookbook is huge and has some great recipes. If anyone spends a lot of time in the kitchen, this is a must have.

• kjandcwsgranny By  kjandcwsgranny
    11.21.11

I have owned the Vitamix 5200 for 11 months now and I cannot for the life of me figure out how I ever lived without it. We have been making green smoothies daily and the weight is just melting off. My husbands sugar is much lower and more stable than its been in years. The kids love it for fruit smoothies and ice cream. My daughter loved it so much she had to buy one also. Its easy to use, easy to clean... just a wonderful appliance.

• happycrystal By  happycrystal
    09.16.11

I don't even own a vitamix, but while staying with my parents I got the chance to make carrot soup and puree it in the vitamix. Wow can this blender do the job! I am so tired of soup that isn't smooth when I use my food processor. And the same goes for smoothies. This blender can really handle ice and frozen fruit! It's a top quality blender and I think I will never be able to buy a cheap blender again knowing that this is the only one that does the job right and won't break after a year. I have been waiting for a chance to buy one. Maybe I'll get it for my birthday or X-mas.

• kmorghan By  kmorghan
    09.10.11

I wanted a vitamix forever but it's hard to justify spending a few hundred dollars on what appeared to be just a blender. This year I finally got one for my husband and I as an anniversary present to us. I am glad I did - the Vitamix is so much more than just a blender!! It's high power motor grinds through just about anything, so we've used it for making salad dressings using nuts and herbs, nut butter from a variety of nuts, sesame paste, hummus and other bean spreads, soups (it warms them up very nicely), and all sorts of juices and smoothies. It's quite versatile. It also has a second canister for grinding grains and dried beans, which will be great as baking and soup season gets here. I got the red one, and it looks great in my kitchen, and, unlike many of my other gadgets, this one gets used every day - sometimes a few times a day!! It was definitely worth the money!

• allthingsfadra By  allthingsfadra
    09.09.11

It may be pricey and it may not look ultra sleek and modern but this is oh-so-much more than a blender. It's a blender, juicer, food processor, smoothie maker, soup cooker, ice crusher, and more. I use the recipe book to make healthy versions of pancakes and waffles (using whole wheat flour and fruit). I've also become a smoothie master. I'll never have another "blender."