Ivory Soap | SheSpeaks

• edesie edesie
    05.25.19

My Ivory story

IVORY is the only soap that worked for me so far. Some people find it drying but I think it depends on where you are geographicaly located. For some who live in the colder regions of course they may experience dryness after using this soap but for those who are living in warmer/ tropical regions like I do, I think it works pretty well. THIS IS MY STORY: I am in my adolescence and I have sensitive acne prone skin. I've tried almost every skincare product and I even go to a dermatologist. My dermatologist gave me anti acne products. However, my skin tends to peel, rash and itch because of those things. Recently a used some popular hypoallergenic gentle skin cleanser hoping that it would work for me since there are many good reviews about it and it made my skin worse. My skin was scaly itchy red and it burns. So my dermatologist told me that I have seborrheic dermatitis and she adviced me to use some clotrimazole etc. and from that day on I changed to IVORY since she said that she also use that soap and my parents were also familiar about it and they keep on comparing it to a whitening soap for clothes that we have here in our country called "Perla". I am surprised right now that my face reacts well to it. It minimized my breakouts cured my dermatitis and I am enjoying it's wonders at the moment. I'm Lovin' it so far! BTW IVORY is not so popular here in our country since most citizens prefer whitening and acne removing soaps. It is not also being advertised in telvisions so most people don't even know that such soap exists. It costs less than $2 USD for 3 bars so it's quite affordable. I just hope that Ivory soap's legacy will still be recognized until the end of the future generations.

• TInaDane By  TInaDane
    03.30.15

the sent is what i love. It floats and never sinks. i will say you will want to grab some lotion after

• mtidey By  mtidey
    02.18.15

Ivory reminds me of my grandmother, she always had this soap in her bathroom. It smells great but dries out my skin.

• Justmissash By  Justmissash
    01.27.15

Leaves skin filmy and dry. Love smell and great brand. Decently priced.

• lbjones89 By  lbjones89
    01.16.15

like it better than the other soaps;doesn't have a strong smell and lathers up pretty good

• kcdurden By  kcdurden
    01.01.15

I have used this soap since I was a kid. As I got older and ran my own household I tried different soaps but always had a problem with too much perfume, allergic reactions or dry irritated skin. I always wound up going back to Ivory. It is wonderful because there is nothing in it that could cause a problem but I feel like it leaves a film on my skin. That being said I would recommend it if you have sensitive skin as i do.

• alysssanbonta By  alysssanbonta
    07.22.14

This is a great value and a great product I have OCD and wash my hands constantly and this product really helps keep my hands looking smooth & soft.

• maribe09 By  maribe09
    07.20.14

I have years using this soap i start it using when i was small my mom would use it on me because when i was smaller i use to be allergic to scented soaps so the doctor told my mom to use that on me and its great iI could sometimes use scented soaps but for some reason they make me sneezed when i m using them but when i use the ivory soap it dosnt make me sneezed it live my skin great .

• MasterofMom By  MasterofMom
    03.06.14

My mom always bought this because it was cheap, but it left my skin feeling filmy and dry. I don't care for it, but the smell always gets me because it reminds me of home.

• MariaBB By  MariaBB
    03.02.14

good basic soap to get clean and that is it. Definitely need a heavy moisturizer after tho.

• monajeanne By  monajeanne
    02.26.14

This is an old timer. It is drying to the skin I think. I would not advise it to those with dry skin. They need to come out with a moisturizing soap.