The Home Depot Review Page 2 of 3 | SheSpeaks

• gspyswifey By  gspyswifey
    05.03.13

My husband & I have a credit card with them. We "were" loyal customers & always made our payments on time. We miss 1 payment & they blow our phones up at least 4 or 5xs a day. We told them we planned on making a payment asap, yet they kept calling and calling. Needless to say we did make our payment & we have canceled the card.

• angelmk By  angelmk
    04.25.13

I shop at Home Depot mainly for garden supplies, we purchased all of the wood for raised garden beds here and we had a coupon so it made the price even better (the price was better than other home stores to start). The customer service was very good.

• livenlovelife247 By  livenlovelife247
    04.15.13

The Home Depot is a great store. Depending on the store location the products and services can differ in quality and price. Overall this store has everything from painting supplies, gardening ideas to completely remodeling a home. Great store!

• Charlisha222 By  Charlisha222
    11.08.12

Home depot is a good store. They have just about anything you are looking for when doing home improvement. Their employees are friendly, if you can find one. If you need help, good luck finding someone that will help you. I like Lowes better. Cheaper prices, cleaner stores, and helpful employees.

• frizzyborden By  frizzyborden
    05.19.12

I abhor Home Depot. I used to shop there equally with Lowe's when we were remodeling our old house, but the help was not very helpful and the employees I dealt with were actually quite rude. I don't like being treated like I'm stupid for picking a type of flooring that the employee doesn't find attractive. It's my home, not theirs. Now we are spending thousands of dollars remodeling our new home, and not a penny will be spend at Home Depot. I don't like their stand on social issues and hate how companies get involved with those sort of things to begin with. It's not just the stand they take, but the indoctrination of children as well within that stand. I will never shop at Home Depot again.

• coffeechic By  coffeechic
    05.05.12

I go here for quick purchases, but I've never had a problem with anything or anyone. The last time I was here I was looking for slats for my bed. The employee told me that none of the wood they had would be as strong as the slat I took with me for length comparison, so he recommended a lumberyard which is located about 5 miles away. A few minutes later, I realized that instead of adding slats, I could just add cement blocks under the bed. Not nice looking, but who's going to see them, right? Then, I passed by a cartfull of scrap wood. I noticed a huge wide and deep piece of wood and asked the employee if he could cut this up for us. He of course said yes and proceeded to do an excellent job at it. I painted the blocks the same color as the bed and now you cannot see them at all and they give fantastic support to the already existing slats under the mattress :)

• Busyb4thm By  Busyb4thm
    03.19.12

I'm not a fan. The store does not seem "female friendly". I feel lost every time I have to go there. I usually end up finding waht i'm looking for at a different store.

• KathleenD By  KathleenD
    10.21.11

I have dealt with Home Depot quite bit between remodeling the home we live in and a rental property we own. The Home Depot in Park City, UT was extremely professional and helpful. We used them to put new carpets in our rental house in Evanston,WY. Their people showed up 20 minutes early and finished the job that same afternoon. They even cut some of the remnants down for us so we could use them in our home in Las Vegas. Our local Las Vegas Home Depot always offer friendly, polite service as well. Two thumbs up for Home Depot.

• sherylita By  sherylita
    04.30.11

I love home improvement stores, but not Home Depot. Trying to get help from a salesperson is frustrating. Waiting in the long checkout lines can border on ridiculous. They do have a good assortment of items it you already know what you need and where it is at, and if you have plenty of time to stand in a long check out. Also, if you shop right after a delivery of plants, you can get some lovely ones. However, my favorite is Lowe's. They are obviously much more customer oriented.

• Gloria1 By  Gloria1
    02.11.11

My husband literally lives at Home Depot. Also I might add, we only live about a block from one. However I will not go anymore as I have a difference with them on some social issues. I feel there are too many good causes that benefit everyone and establishments should not support social issues.

• krys2000 By  krys2000
    02.10.11

I have never had a worse product buying experience than at the Home Depot. My husband & I decided to build a shed in our backyard. We chose 1 from the Home Depot. Sadly, the kit came with no shingles, no plywood for the floor, no nails, no nothing. However, the brochure said that it was a complete kit! When we challenged Home Depot on it, no one at the store knew what to do or say. When we finally got a response back from Corporate (after calling the 1800 several times) the best that they could come up with was "it was a typo" and they offered us a piece of plywood for the floor. We were out for the shingles, nails, paint, sealer, and everything else not included in this "complete kit." Would give this ZERO stars but the system won't let me.

• sneepy By  sneepy
    02.09.11

You can never find an employee to help you and if you do find one, they usually don't have a clue.

• Mijeka By  Mijeka
    01.09.11

Love that they give Military an extra 10%! Not enough stores/chains show that kind of appreciation :)

• tara1sh By  tara1sh
    12.24.10

I do not like this store. From the minute you pull into the parking lot you are greeted by all these illegals looking for work. I do not like them hanging out in the parking lots. They leave their trash everywhere, are not very polite and really bring down the company. This is all before I go into the store. Once in, it is really hard to find someone to help you. Then when you finally figure out what you need they want you to use a qucik check out service! I do not care for these as they only want to get rid of jobs and cut hours. Do not care for this store at all. I would rather go to a smaller store where you will get help and they know whtat they are talking about. Also will not be greeted by all the illegals

• mustangmarlee By  mustangmarlee
    12.24.10

My husband loves this store. First of all, there is everything you can imagine for working on your home! Second is the great customer service. No matter who you ask or where they are, they then take you to the item you are looking for even if its at the other end of the store.