The Lovely Bones Movie | SheSpeaks

• debsmad debsmad
    04.01.12

I loved the book, and I enjoyed the movie just as much. A teenage girl is murdered and then watches as her family grieves and tries to cope, and as her killer seems to get away with the crime. The movie does a good job building tension and fear leading up to the murder. You really start to feel the panic as she realizes her situation. And then you feel the confusion and heartbreak as she realizes in her afterlife what has happened, and as she tries to reach out to her family. Some parts of the book are not included, and some of the weird parts seem to work better visually than in book form. I enjoyed this movie and it is something I would watch again and again.

• hectroidz By  hectroidz
    02.09.12

This is a very moving plus suspenseful movie. It moves you from one end of the emotional spectrum to the other. It is both creepy and lovely throughout and all in between. Even though sad it is uplifting and that is hard to do. This is a movie I can watch more than one time.

• Rafencat By  Rafencat
    02.08.12

This movie not only makes you think, it makes you cry, it shows you such power and beauty and the truest forms of love, devotion and devistation. The importance of family, the way tragedy will rip a family apart and how love brings things back into focus. The power in a young girls soul and how she comes to terms with what has happened to her. The sadness felt by so many effected by the acts of one man and ultimately what happens to him when he continues to hide what he's done and move on with the same focus in his life. This was not just well filmed it was beautifully adapted from the book. While I did miss some of the hidden aspects in the book it is one of my favorite movies. So much to read between the filmed lines!

• frakmomma04 By  frakmomma04
    02.08.12

This movie made me think of real life situations. I loved now the reality and the fantasy was put together. It made me sad but it was well put together. Every family should watch it together. There are lessons to learned from this movie!

• SmileMaker36 By  SmileMaker36
    02.07.12

Very touching movie. The bond between the father and daughter was compelling. The fight to find out what really happened to the daughter. The horrifying reality to what happened. After watching this movie it just makes you feeling sad and angry at the same time. Knowing the realization that monsters like the one in this movie are out there preying on children just like this one. You won't forget this film!!!

• kellibliss By  kellibliss
    01.28.12

I have read the book long before the movie ever came out. So when I heard about the movie I thought to myself I have got to see this! The movie wasn't bad but there was things that happened in the book that didn't happen in the movie. But needless to say the movie was good.

• mscupcakegirl By  mscupcakegirl
    04.12.11

Didn't enjoy it

• holdyn08 By  holdyn08
    12.04.10

amazing i loved the movie and book

• murphnm By  murphnm
    12.02.10

I really liked this movie. The content was great.

• nicrea05 By  nicrea05
    12.01.10

It was an okay movie but I guess just kinda confusing to me. Not what I thought it was going to be.

• joy9281 By  joy9281
    10.19.10

I really enjoyed this movie it was beautifully done and actually better than the book because it left out some weird parts I was hoping it would.