e.l.f Cosmetics Eyelid Primer Review Page 2 of 5 | SheSpeaks

• minusculedot By  minusculedot
    10.10.13

I have oily eyelids and although this does help in making my eyeshadows stay on longer, I would say it only lasts about 5 hours. After that the eyeshadow does disappear. It is what it is for $1 and if you are looking for something affordable that makes your eyeshadows stay on for about 5 hours, than this is definitely worth trying. The texture is nice, it is not too watery or powdery and applies smooth.

• chikadee By  chikadee
    10.09.13

Its OK...nowhere near great. Great for teenagers, but nothing more ! Leaves lids all creasy looking...it's a hot mess...lol

• kaylie122 By  kaylie122
    10.09.13

I'm not to find off this product.. food leave my creases kind of wrinkly and hard after it dried.

• gandaramelissa By  gandaramelissa
    10.08.13

it didnt work very well for me but it works great for my sister.

• AshleyBovero By  AshleyBovero
    10.07.13

I have mixed feelings on Elf brand products, however, this one didn't work for me at all. When I first used this product it was very clumpy and didn't blend very well. my makeup ended up creasing and the color of my eyeshadow didn't look very vibrant at all. I decided to give it a second try several days later and the product had completely dried, the bottle was bone dry. I was very disappointed as I had wanted to give this primer a longer trial then a day. It might of been I had purchased an old product, but I'm not entirely sure. The price is lovely, but the quality didn't leave me impressed. I would rather pay a couple dollars more for a primer that has a lot more product and a better quality solution.

• Chrissy4gordon24 By  Chrissy4gordon24
    10.07.13

This is the best eyeshadow primer ever! It goes on smooth and blends wonderfully. It's only $3 and it makes my eyeshadow last all day.!

• ddazee By  ddazee
    08.13.13

This eyeshadow primer was decent for the price but my eyeshadow still creased. For just a few dollars more, I'd get E.L.F.'s Mineral Eyeshadow Primer instead which is a much better product. The base of the formula for this product was too oily for me to use as a primer, but those with dry eyelids who want their shadows to go on more smoothly may have better luck with this than I did. This is definitely not for oily lids.

• Lynntresse By  Lynntresse
    03.19.13

I am very oily within hours of washing my face. I bought this at Target for $1 after reading the reviews. It works! My eye shadow stays in place all day & doesn't disappear. I do make sure to let it dry for a minute or so after applying the primer, then apply the shadow. I love it!

• raexran By  raexran
    03.01.13

I have this along with the other elf eye primer they both works really well.

• MissMichelleAmy By  MissMichelleAmy
    02.12.13

I have really oily eyelids and this did not work out for me. My eyeshadows creasing happened almost immediately. It also did not help my shadows adhere or emphasize the color of the pigments I was using. But it has worked out for others and it's only a dollar.

• MissRubyRoux By  MissRubyRoux
    01.26.13

Horrible primer! Your eyeshadows do not stay. They start to crease and smudge. It's horrible. It's very oily and liquidy. I do not like it at all. It's cheap of course so I guess for it's price it's alright but I definitely wouldn't purchase again even for $1.

• priinceszciiara By  priinceszciiara
    11.03.12

BEST PRIMER ! I'm new to the makeup buying and i bought a one from a different company and its nothing compared to elf.

• grimdefeat09 By  grimdefeat09
    11.03.12

Best primer I've ever used and I've it repurchased several times. It's one of my staple products.

• deathinatiom By  deathinatiom
    09.25.12

I freaking love this primer!! It's really easy to blend, its super smooth & for that price you can't go wrong. It's only one dollar but works as well as some of the higher end products. Some people complain about it creasing but I've found that it's because you're putting on too much of the product. Hope this helps :)

• kerryleko By  kerryleko
    09.11.12

doesn't work like I thought it would