Jen Lancaster Such a Pretty Fat | SheSpeaks

• neworleanslady38 By  neworleanslady38
    04.08.09

Sounds like a good book...anyone know where to find it?

• Panicked228 By  Panicked228
    04.08.09

Her three books: -Bitter Is the New Black -Bright Lights, Big Ass -Such a Pretty Fat She has a new one coming out at the beginning of May entitled "Pretty In Plaid."

• spcalk By  spcalk
    04.08.09

I am reading her book "black is the new bitter" it is very funny. I will consider this book next.

• jacquiejan1 By  jacquiejan1
    04.08.09

I absolutely loved this book. It was just enough fluff and plenty of funny to make me laugh out loud alone in my living room. I liked it so much that I read her other 2 books!

• 4christ By  4christ
    03.24.09

who has time to read this book? lol

• pktracey By  pktracey
    03.24.09

It sounds like a good book to read cant wait to find it at the store

• pinkbeachbum49 By  pinkbeachbum49
    03.24.09

Sounds like a book I would really enjoy. Hate I didn't get in on this one.

• kristen77 By  kristen77
    03.24.09

Sounds like my kind of book.

• emac79 By  emac79
    03.07.09

Love this book along with all of her others. They are definitely laugh out loud. Quick and easy reads!

• swampfox28 By  swampfox28
    03.06.09

This is not Jen Lancaster's first book, but it is the first that I've read. I picked it up in a bookstore and couldn't bring myself to put it back on the shelf - I had to get it! This book is not gentle; Jen tells you what she really thinks/feels about everything. She does not apologize for her opinions (which are strong, but VERY funny!) and she has a positive self-image that many fashion models would envy. There were scenes in the book that literally had me laughing out loud and running to share with friends and loved ones. Is it a book aimed towards women? Yes. Is it a little frank? VERY. Is it a little "tell it like it is, no holds barred?" You betcha. Some people said she was "too mean". I disagree. The author IS who she is and puts on no airs. While I wouldn't read it to my 12 year old (and might not read more than exerpts to my mom), for a "share with your girlfriends and laugh out loud" type of book, this book really scores with me!