AMC Mad Men | SheSpeaks

• Veronicalodge Veronicalodge
    07.11.19

Mad for Mad Men!

As a lover of more vapid & soapy shows (think Beverly Hills 90210 & Gossip Girl reruns), I hadn?t made the Mad Men jump until 2012, which I believe was already 4 seasons or so in? I was working at a place where mad men was a common topic so instead of feeling like the outsider, I finally took the plunge and binged! Keep in mind, I am a girl that has the attention span of a child even on add medication, so it takes a lot to really get my attention! While my best friend who I ended up getting into mad men too, it became a competition as he was watching more than me at one point and was giving up little sub plots and story lines just to mess with me! He was surprised I liked it as he pointed it he thought it was a bit slow, and I would eventually concur to this, though not at the first episode or so. Mad men is honestly one f the few quality tv shows that has been done extremely well and casted to perfection. It is a show that does have soapy elements but not in such ways that a male wouldn?t watch it, and not a show geared to a gender specific audience. While I think the finale seasons started lacking, every series that has more than 2 or 3 seasons will have a fan that has a favorite and least favorite. Many times a first season or at least first few episodes In a new series are iffy (flashback to Bev Hills 90210 original, first season was painfully boring as was Melrose place, but afterwards would pick up and become much more exciting) , mad men doesn?t have that problem. The only negative I will mention is that a friend did mention that it seemed at times when they got lazy or were out of material they would tend to do ?flashbacks?to Don Draper?s past (Jon Hamm- who honestly just as eye candy is worth watching even if you have less of an attention span as me, as he is so charismatic & classically handsome that it?s just the cherry on top of the sundae)!
  • candries candries
    12.10.15

Loved the show..........but too much smoking, drinking and running around for us. We stopped watching it after a couple of seasons. The story line just got old.

• thehut By  thehut
    03.09.17

great show

I'm already on season 3 & I love this show! Donnie draper!? What can I say I love a man in a suit. Besides him, there is a great storyline going on with him and his family. Now they're exploring her family more, as if to show how she is the way she is.

• SophiaG By  SophiaG
    01.19.17

Good Show

Good show with great production and directing. Yes lots of smoking...it was in then and was actually "in style" to do. We didnt hear about how bad it was for you then but unfortunately that left alot of ys with cancer and or addicted!

• Trulyyourjenny By  Trulyyourjenny
    08.02.16

Accurate and entertaining

Historically accurate clothes and gender roles. I like the story plot a lot. The main character is likable but viewers also can see his flaws. Production value is amazing. Highly recommend.

• natbag By  natbag
    04.16.16

Draper fan

This was an amazing series to watch on Netflix. I fell in love with Don Draper and all his affairs.

• krodriguez By  krodriguez
    03.18.16

I absolutely love this show! I own the entire series on DVD. I just love the period of time the show is set in even though it's before I was born. It just really intrigues me and I love discussing it with my mom.

• Lishgal06 By  Lishgal06
    03.04.16

I really like this show! If you are looking for something different this might fit the bill. I can't believe how much smoking there is in this show.. I like watching.its a lil racy and it gives a peek about how the times were.

• GypsyJohnson By  GypsyJohnson
    12.14.15

It was kind of slow to get into but once I did, I was hooked. I don't think I've ever hated and loved a character as much as I love and hate Donald Draper. Oh, that man made me so angry so many times but I can't help but love him. He's fantastic eye candy. The other characters are great and well developed. It's eye opening to see how far women have come.

• candries By  candries
    12.10.15

• Shellybean126 By  Shellybean126
    09.26.15

This is an Awesome show and an addicting one. The best part...it is on Netflix and I can watch more than one episode at a time!

• MissCastillo6 By  MissCastillo6
    09.07.15

Such an ADDICTING show!!! I absolutely got hooked on the first episode. I wondered what all the fuss was about... and now I understand. BEST SHOW