Sara Gruen Water for Elephants | SheSpeaks

• Pistachio Pistachio
    04.25.13

The movie (urgh, Robert Pattinson) kind of made me not want to read the book, to be honest with you. However, I picked the book up one day, after a couple of friends had recommended it to me. I decided that I was so bored that I thought, "Okay, you know what? Whatever. I've got time to kill anyway", so I started reading it. Water for Elephants is amazing. It's so beautiful and poignant and clever. There are several spots where I nearly cried. I had no idea the circus could be so..... ridiculous, and such an exciting life. The main character is a passionate voice, with a fully developed history, and his narration is so witty. I loved it. However, *warning there is a sex scene.* Just.... prepare yourselves. Although I'll bet this is nothing compared to 50 Shades of Grey. ;)

• SOULLESS By  SOULLESS
    08.10.19

Love it

Really enjoyed this one... Page turner. Well written. So much better than the movie. Always recommend when asked.