AMC Mad Men | SheSpeaks

• Veronicalodge Veronicalodge
    07.11.19

Mad for Mad Men!

As a lover of more vapid & soapy shows (think Beverly Hills 90210 & Gossip Girl reruns), I hadn?t made the Mad Men jump until 2012, which I believe was already 4 seasons or so in? I was working at a place where mad men was a common topic so instead of feeling like the outsider, I finally took the plunge and binged! Keep in mind, I am a girl that has the attention span of a child even on add medication, so it takes a lot to really get my attention! While my best friend who I ended up getting into mad men too, it became a competition as he was watching more than me at one point and was giving up little sub plots and story lines just to mess with me! He was surprised I liked it as he pointed it he thought it was a bit slow, and I would eventually concur to this, though not at the first episode or so. Mad men is honestly one f the few quality tv shows that has been done extremely well and casted to perfection. It is a show that does have soapy elements but not in such ways that a male wouldn?t watch it, and not a show geared to a gender specific audience. While I think the finale seasons started lacking, every series that has more than 2 or 3 seasons will have a fan that has a favorite and least favorite. Many times a first season or at least first few episodes In a new series are iffy (flashback to Bev Hills 90210 original, first season was painfully boring as was Melrose place, but afterwards would pick up and become much more exciting) , mad men doesn?t have that problem. The only negative I will mention is that a friend did mention that it seemed at times when they got lazy or were out of material they would tend to do ?flashbacks?to Don Draper?s past (Jon Hamm- who honestly just as eye candy is worth watching even if you have less of an attention span as me, as he is so charismatic & classically handsome that it?s just the cherry on top of the sundae)!
  • candries candries
    12.10.15

Loved the show..........but too much smoking, drinking and running around for us. We stopped watching it after a couple of seasons. The story line just got old.

• Coldtoes By  Coldtoes
    10.26.11

I was a bit hesitant at first, but I am completely hooked now. My day seems incomplete if I don't sit down with the hubby after the kid has been put to bed to watch an episode or two on Netflix. The characters develop as the seasons go on... and they seem so believable. Not good or bad... like most real people. It is humorous to watch things that were totally acceptable for the time period ( like an 8 month pregnant woman drinking and smoking at a party) and wonder what future generations will think of us. It has also helped me understand my parents and grandparents a little better to see what life may have been like back then. Love, love, love the show!

• ClareH By  ClareH
    09.24.11

I don't know how anyone who enjoys well written drama with quality acting could not like this show. Every show and season keeps getting better and better. It explores a period of change in US history and does it so well it makes you wish you were there as women like Peggy broke through the barriers that kept women out of the top level jobs. An insiring series that's lots of fun to watch. It's been too long between seasons.

• allmystuff By  allmystuff
    09.23.11

We are totally addicted to this show! They could not have cast this show any better! LOVE IT LOVE IT!

• mas8612 By  mas8612
    09.07.11

I absolutely love show. It takes a few episodes to get invested but it's worth it.

• triedit2 By  triedit2
    10.11.10

the best thing about Sunday nights! truly a cannot miss, well written and smart show. you have to pay attention to keep up with the underlaying plot points and many curve balls are thrown

• Marie12345 By  Marie12345
    06.23.09

This is a very good show! It always keeps you guessing. It's also good to see how things were compared to how they are now (as far as women are treated in the work force and at home). We love watching it!

• merritt1976 By  merritt1976
    05.30.09

I love everything about this show. I love how it transports me in time. I love the drama. ALL OF IT!!!!

• twin_pat By  twin_pat
    03.31.09

My favorite show. Didn't get to see it in the beginning, would love to see re-run to see how it started out. More people need to see it, much better than those stupid reality shows. Recommend it to all.

• didama By  didama
    03.23.09

Love this show!! The Madison Avenue Advertising life in the 50s looks so glamorous, though I can't imagine drinking all of that scotch all day, or smoking in the office. Times have definitely changed.