Stephenie Meyer Twilight | SheSpeaks

• debsmad debsmad
    04.01.12

I am not a teen girl but I *LOVED* this book and would put it in my Top 5 Favorites. A lot of people like to rip on Stephanie Meyer's writing, saying she lacks talent, but she told a fine story here. I was sucked into the budding relationship between Bella and Edward. I loved Edward's slightly cocky and arrogant personality, and how he struggled to let himself just be himself around Bella. There were some weak points, like if James was really so good and vampires are really so fast, why couldn't he just zip in-kill Bella-zip out-move on? But whatever, it was a fun little story to lose yourself in, and I loved that it was a story that almost could happen, and not some total fantasy thing.

• Page55 Page55
    01.26.12

Horrible writing. I threw the book across the room about half way through it. The writing is just so bad. I finished it but would never read another book by this author. Bella was an endlessly irritating character - just toooooo perfect . . . .

• pakeane By  pakeane
    03.02.09

I normally shy away from all romances (however I have always had a thing for vampires). I did not think I would enjoy these books, but found myself sucked in after the first few chapters. I especially liked that she did not find a need to include a lot of sex and violence (it was mainly just hinted at). Kids (and adults as well) need to know that it is okay to make our own choices and we do not alway have to go along with the crowd.

• xfreebird By  xfreebird
    02.28.09

I usually dont like to read fantasy books, but this series is truly engrossing! Hours would pass by whilst reading and I wouldn't even notice. The best as far as writing style goes, but a very realistic and captivating story. I can't wait til the next book comes out! The movie, however, was disappointing (though still good).

• PuchtellD By  PuchtellD
    02.26.09

Loved the series and I could not put them down!!! I hope she continues to write, I love her simple style of writing and she doesn't need to use all the sex and violence!!

• smacgregor By  smacgregor
    02.26.09

I have been staying up until past 2am to finish the series. I have read through 3 books in 5 nights. I am enthralled. It's easy to read, entertaining and captivating. The ONLY thing that is a downer for me is the main characters constant low self-esteem/self-doubt - especially when she looks at her 'mate', Edward. I'm at the point where I'm rolling my eyes when I read another disparaging comment. Other than that - I am thrilled.

• pkmull By  pkmull
    02.25.09

I could not believe how engrossed I was in this series, I can not hardly wait till the next book comes out!!! Very much worth the read!!!

• iowafred By  iowafred
    02.24.09

I became completely sucked into this series and then past it along to my sister in law and now she hates me. Why you ask? Well like me her dishes are piling up and nobody has clean clothes.

• toxicpuree By  toxicpuree
    02.23.09

I loath her writing style, but the characters are lovable.

• Susieq1431 By  Susieq1431
    02.21.09

I loved it!

• ratcherson By  ratcherson
    02.20.09

these are great books. very hard to put down.

• mrs_brightside By  mrs_brightside
    02.20.09

I have tried, repeatedly, to read the book and honestly I just can't deal with the writing style. My husband is trying to read it now but so far isn't having any better luck. Beware the "dust moats" ( their typo - not mine).