Audrey Niffenegger The Time Traveler's Wife Review | SheSpeaks

• Mich81 By  Mich81
    09.28.16

Could be confusing at times. The movie was ok....not as good as the book.

• angie1966 By  angie1966
    08.10.13

Awesome book and movie

• qnkmatson By  qnkmatson
    06.20.12

This book was an easy read. It was always captivating and kept you guessing what would happen next. This is a must read!

• kly1490 By  kly1490
    06.20.12

Love this book...it's a very creative and beautiful story line. I did not want to put it down.

• sherryc2001us By  sherryc2001us
    01.31.12

Excellent book but you will have to re-read the previous few pages to regain the story line. A beautiful love story that keeps you guessing what will happen next.

• jordangoad By  jordangoad
    01.28.12

Loved it!! A lot of people I knew started reading it and I wasn't sure if I'd be interested, but once I did, I could not put it down.

• briexrose By  briexrose
    01.27.12

I have read this book at least once a year since I first read it. My copy is so tattered and worn! This story is the ultimate love story of sacrifice and yearning. It's depressing and enlightening at the same time! Best book I have read for the genre, though I feel it's in it's own "group".

• Jewels12 By  Jewels12
    01.25.12

I was reluctant to read because of the far-fetched plot. Once I got started, I couldn't put it down.

• stannseniors By  stannseniors
    01.25.12

Good story but VERY difficult to stop and start this book.....got to be on your toes to keep up with past/present/future etc.

• hshpits By  hshpits
    01.25.12

I absolutely loved this book. Just couldn't put it down. When the movie came out, I didn't even bother watching it because I knew that there was no way it could ever compare.

• rlnclark By  rlnclark
    01.24.12

There was a lot I liked about this book. Great premise, engaging prose. I didn't have a problem with the main character having met his wife as a child. I don't know that I fully believed the level of her commitment to him or her willingness to have a child with the same affliction. A good book, but nagging doubts kept me from fully engaging.

• cubsgirl21 By  cubsgirl21
    01.06.12

This was such a disappointing and overrated book. Awesome idea had it been written by someone else. The turn by turn directions to various Chicago hot spots we not necessary, same goes for the shot by shot pool game. There is something to be said for show not tell. Also, I found parts to be confusing as to what time it was supposed to be and had to keep flipping back pages to remember. A good book should not make you do that. I think Margaret Atwood would have hit a home run with this book had she been the author.

• sakuraisgirl By  sakuraisgirl
    11.22.11

I love this book! I own it & have read and reread it 3x.It is beautifully written,romantic,sad and poignant all in one. I haven't seen the movie yet,and am really in no rush,as I have heard pros and cons from friends and family members who have read the book & seen the movie and some have told me it's "true" to the book,while others have said alot (from the book) was left out,so i'm kinda on the fence about seeing the movie,though i'd recommend the book to anyone with a love for good fiction & it would be great book club fodder! :-)

• ladyymanja By  ladyymanja
    11.01.11

This is a great book. Wonderful story line, very imaginative. Someone said that the book was very vulgar. I didn't find it vulgar at all. it was quite a sweet book and love story. I would highly recommend it!

• Turtlecat By  Turtlecat
    06.12.11

One of my all-time favorites. A beautiful, unusual story told in an inventive manner. I've recommended this book to a number of people - all of whom later thanked me for the suggestion.