Disney The Great and Powerful Oz

Disney The Great and Powerful Oz

3.3
              Rated #164 in Movies
37 Reviews 3.3/5 stars

I was not a fan of this movie. Probably because I not only didn't enjoy James Franco's acting, but little things in the movie that bugged me added up, and I didn't end up liking it at all.

It gave me a new view in the Wizard of Oz. The movie it self did not go well in my household. We were all a bit disastified and thought it was not that good.

This movie was nothing like the original. It was a bit dark at times. The acting wasn't that great, however the characters where lovable.

This was a let down. I prefer the original, much better.

I was so excited for this movie and was completely let down. I'm sure young kids would love it but adults are going to remember the original and see that there is no comparison. I think casting was a bit off too. No one could ever see mila kunis being an ugly witch. She's gorgeous.

I didn't care for this movie. I would much rather watch the original wizard of oz.

I didn't like it too much. The story line was cute and it had a lot of unique aspects but the acting was iffy. It wasn't awful but it wasn't the best, either.

I love James Franco but this movie was boring and the plot was unbelievable . Good for younger kids but not interesting enough for adults

"Oz the Great and Powerful" movie review This movie doesn't fail where its story is concerned, it fails with the actors. James Franco is NOT, we repeat, NOT Oz. Rachel Weisz is usually always a dependable actress, but in this, there's something about her performance that's annoying, but not nearly as annoying as Mila Kunis'. UGH. Could she scream any more in this movie? It's fine to scream and yell, that's sort of the idea with a witch character, but it is possible to scream and yell without being grating, shrill, and displeasing to the ear. Visually, this is a very pretty movie with bright and lively colors throughout. That being said, the organic items in the Land of Oz, such as flowers, the monkeys, etc, look extremely digital and cartoonish, while the inorganic items, such as China Girl, and the Emerald City, look very realistic. We are disappointed in this film as avid fans of both Sam Raimi and "The Wizard of Oz." We're not sure what we expected, but this wasn't it.

I didn't think this movie was to great. I couldn't really get into it.

Maybe... I was disappointed with this movie to be honest. I had high expectations for it because it is a Disney production and a spin-off of The Wizard of Oz. However, it just seemed a bit foolish and not really engaging.

I enjoyed the movie, but it is not up to the quality I am used to from Disney. I loved the back story of the Wicked Witch and Oz. I thought the movie was very visually appealing. I thought James Franco was weird as Oz, it was not on par with his usual performances.

Was a good movie. It gave a good background to the story but was lacking in some more of the story.

It was ok, but I guess I expected better! If you leave out the expectations it could be good!

I could not get into the movie at all. It was a really big let down since I was hyped for this movie. Either way James Franco could have done way better, and Mila Kunis was not really into her character either. First Disney movie that has disappointed me.