The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Movie

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Movie

3.8
              Rated #149 in Movies
29 Reviews 3.8/5 stars

Great actors involved in this movie, great concept. However I felt this movie was so bad I couldn't hardly bare to watch it!

I have not read any of the books in this series but so many people around me have been raving about them that I thought I was kind of excited to finally see this movie. Sadly, I didn't care for it much. It was not what I thought it was going to be . . . thought it was going to be more of an action thing where the girl would be some Angelina Jolie kickass rebel, but no. The rape was disturbing but hubby and I were cheering for her when she got her revenge. I thought it was weird and pointless though when she later had the relationship with Daniel Craig. I don't see what that added to the story. The mystery story itself was somewhat interesting, but overall I was just rather let down by this movie. That was probably due to my own misconceptions going into it though.

The books are much better than the movie, I would suggest reading them instead of watching this

really hated the end of this movie. not sure if they are making another ... but it was not that great

never got to see it

The book and original Swedish film were much better. There is some disturbing content, which would have offended of had i not been prepared for it. Now don't get me wrong, i enjoy a good action movie and an ok with violence....this film goes beyond that. The story line is good. So is the acting. If you haven't read the or seen the original movie, i think it would be a fairly entertaining way to spend a couple of hours.

I thought this movie was very good. I have read all of the books in this series and even knowing what to expect some of the scenes were hard to watch. I believe seeing once was good enough for me I am not sure I would purchase the DVD or make it an effort to watch the film.

Meh. Not as good as the original film and certainly not as good as the book.

liked the story, but the character development was HORRIBLE.

Never read the book, but enjoyed the movie! Very interesting characters and an unpredictable plot. Full of action, drama, and humor.

I have not read the books but for myself having a short attention span this movie really kept me locked on.

Original is fantastic but the new one is too boring. I normally do not watch movies from other languages but this kept my interest and I could relate with the main character. I would recommend not letting your children watch this however due to the rape and violent scenes.

I never read the book, so I didn't know what I was getting into with this movie. I enjoy a good mystery and this plot was unpredictable. Which I loved! It's hard to find a good film that keeps you on your toes and doesn't follow the same old generic plot scheme.

Very interesting story with dramatic scenes! I loved the intrigue and the story line of this movie, However, for me it was kind of confusing if you haven't read the book.

I have to admit that I have not seen this movie yet but I have read the book and I am looking forward to seeing the movie.. I did want to add a review though .. based on the book. The book is great but very dark! Just a for warning before you see the movie.. There are some very deep content issues and I would def NOT let a teenager see this. VERY ADULT content ...