Ivory Soap Review | SheSpeaks

• edesie By  edesie
    05.25.19

My Ivory story

IVORY is the only soap that worked for me so far. Some people find it drying but I think it depends on where you are geographicaly located. For some who live in the colder regions of course they may experience dryness after using this soap but for those who are living in warmer/ tropical regions like I do, I think it works pretty well. THIS IS MY STORY: I am in my adolescence and I have sensitive acne prone skin. I've tried almost every skincare product and I even go to a dermatologist. My dermatologist gave me anti acne products. However, my skin tends to peel, rash and itch because of those things. Recently a used some popular hypoallergenic gentle skin cleanser hoping that it would work for me since there are many good reviews about it and it made my skin worse. My skin was scaly itchy red and it burns. So my dermatologist told me that I have seborrheic dermatitis and she adviced me to use some clotrimazole etc. and from that day on I changed to IVORY since she said that she also use that soap and my parents were also familiar about it and they keep on comparing it to a whitening soap for clothes that we have here in our country called "Perla". I am surprised right now that my face reacts well to it. It minimized my breakouts cured my dermatitis and I am enjoying it's wonders at the moment. I'm Lovin' it so far! BTW IVORY is not so popular here in our country since most citizens prefer whitening and acne removing soaps. It is not also being advertised in telvisions so most people don't even know that such soap exists. It costs less than $2 USD for 3 bars so it's quite affordable. I just hope that Ivory soap's legacy will still be recognized until the end of the future generations.

• Kariped By  Kariped
    08.17.16

Soft touchable skin!

I love Ivory soap! With my sensitive skin it is the only soap I can use! I don't break out, and it leaves my skin soft!

• TylaBarnes By  TylaBarnes
    08.04.16

Ivory Soap is a good product to use if you have sensitive skin like I do. It does not break me out and I feel refreshed when I get out of the shower. It is a cheap product also. It is fragrance free also.

• BeautifulMary By  BeautifulMary
    05.11.16

This is a basic bar no frills soap that many people can use. There really isn't a fragrance or dyes, so that is nice. If you are looking for something a little more pretty or scented this may not be for you.

• Jwhalley By  Jwhalley
    04.01.16

Love ivory soap. I have been using ivory since I was a kid. It has a fresh smell and is easy on my skin.

• CWOK__ By  CWOK__
    03.31.16

My husband won't use anything else. He doesn't like strong scents, and this just has a light, fresh smell, while rinsing clean and leaving you feeling fresh. It's not super pricey either, so overall this is a really great product.

• Wendy924 By  Wendy924
    10.19.15

I have used Ivory soap for years. I have sensitive skin and have problems with most soaps as the perfumes react with my skin, Ivory does not. The downside is that it will dry your skin, so lotion is a must. I also always liked that it flots, great for those who like to take a bath.

• vlb0920 By  vlb0920
    09.11.15

I have bought recently to try again as I remember using as a kid. I am a bar soap only girl so for me I still loved it and it still floats!

• NavyWife07 By  NavyWife07
    09.10.15

I used this soap while pregnant. The smell of other soaps made me nauseous. I started using this one and never had an issue with smell. But my only complaint is my skin would feel rough after I used it.

• Myeisha By  Myeisha
    06.30.15

Gentle enough to use on a child with eczema. Love it

• TInaDane By  TInaDane
    03.30.15

the sent is what i love. It floats and never sinks. i will say you will want to grab some lotion after

• mtidey By  mtidey
    02.18.15

Ivory reminds me of my grandmother, she always had this soap in her bathroom. It smells great but dries out my skin.

• Justmissash By  Justmissash
    01.27.15

Leaves skin filmy and dry. Love smell and great brand. Decently priced.

• lbjones89 By  lbjones89
    01.16.15

like it better than the other soaps;doesn't have a strong smell and lathers up pretty good

• kcdurden By  kcdurden
    01.01.15

I have used this soap since I was a kid. As I got older and ran my own household I tried different soaps but always had a problem with too much perfume, allergic reactions or dry irritated skin. I always wound up going back to Ivory. It is wonderful because there is nothing in it that could cause a problem but I feel like it leaves a film on my skin. That being said I would recommend it if you have sensitive skin as i do.