Dyson DC25 Animal Vacuum Review | SheSpeaks

• vegancouture_ By  vegancouture_
    07.06.18

Great for pets

I love Dyson vacuums and I buy them as they come out - I had the version before this one and then when i got this I ralized why they call it ANIMAL. Its perfect if you have a hairy pet that loves to shed like we do :)

• Leahmom By  Leahmom
    05.06.16

Love my Dyson

I have had my Dyson for 6 years and it still works beautifully. Helped me eliminate my allergy to dust and improved the appearance of our carpets, even with young children! The attachments can be a tad awkward at times, but overall, I love it!!

• AnneEMart By  AnneEMart
    09.16.12

Best vacuum I've ever used! SAM'S club, I think, has the best price.

• Dignity By  Dignity
    04.26.12

I have had this vacuum going on 5 years this summer and I still love this vacuum. I have 5 cats and a 7 month old. This thing picks up everything! I will never buy a vacuum from anyone other than Dyson.

• jendeere By  jendeere
    03.07.12

After buying a cheap, junk vacuum every year, we decided to go with the best. We've had this vacuum for 4 years now and its still going strong. There is nothing I don't like about this vacuum.

• sosacal By  sosacal
    12.02.11

I have been loyal to my Oreck for years but when it bit the dust last week, I decided to try the Dyson. It is amazing. I felt like I haven't vacuumed my house correctly in years. I love the attachment which allows me to get the carpet on tthe stairs as well as all the crevices and the corners in my house. I also love the fact that I can vacuum my tile as well as the carpet. It is not as light as my Oreck but light enough to use on the steps and carry around. I would highly recommend this vacuum to anyone replacing their current unit!

• abros530 By  abros530
    12.02.11

I was very skeptical when my husband wanted to add this vacuum to our wedding registry because I couldn't see why any vacuum would cost so much money. When I first tried it out I was amazed to see that it picked up all dog hair and dirt on our floors without any effort. It worked wonders on the rug that always collects dog hairs that I previously had to scrub on hands and knees to clean. I absolutely love this vacuum and will never buy another brand again. We have had the vacuum for more than two years and it still works like a charm!

• spacegeek33 By  spacegeek33
    11.21.11

My husband didn't want to buy a Dyson, so we've spent $100s over the years on noisy, heavy, rotten vacuums. Finally I decided to purchase the DC25, and it is SO great! Much better for our 3 German shedder dogs, two small children and horse dust! Really, I love this vacuum!

• pmoran By  pmoran
    08.22.10

This vacuum works very well in the beginning but as the years start to pass, so does the ability of picking up dog hair and dirt. I was thrilled when it was new; now it's 3 years old and smells like the dog when it runs and doesn't pick up but half of the dirt on the floor. I'm going back to my Kenmore Cannister. It's been rated #1 on Consumer Guide for years; sorry I got caught up in the hype of this vacuum and didn't stay with what I knew worked well

• misssdenise By  misssdenise
    08.21.10

My friend has one and it works really good. I just wish it didn't cost so much.

• dialua By  dialua
    08.19.10

I have had many vacuums over the past 30 years. This vacuum is by far my favorite. It picks up great. We have 3 dogs, 3 large parrots & 2 grandchildren. I use the vacuum daily and have had it approximately 2 yrs. The only problem I ever have with it is sometimes the hose gets stuck when you are trying to disconnect it from the body to extend it for using it in crevices etc. I found that this means that when you take it off & use it you are twisting it and it doesn't disconnect easily. So it is a user problem not a design problem. Once I became aware of this I just was more diligent about putting it back correctly. Even my oreck wasn't as good as this vacuum. I highly recommend it.

• arobertson4 By  arobertson4
    03.26.10

I love love love this vacuum. My parent have one and I borrowed it to clean my college apartments and still use it on my current apartment. I never realized how much dirt and cat hair there was until I swept with this vacuum and saw that it really sucks up everything. I also love that this vacuum never clogs, no matter how dirty the carpets are. I think its pretty cool that it all comes apart and then back together so easily and has little hidden cleaning tools in it for the small parts.

• suzans By  suzans
    02.09.10

I have a dog that sheds and the Dyson does pick up hair better than any other vac I've had. I agree that its heavy to carry upstairs. The filter seems to clog more now than it did when I first got it. Not sure why thats happening.

• andieangel3 By  andieangel3
    01.31.10

I have two dogs who shed moderately & with navy blue carpet in our living room, I don't know what I would do without our Dyson vac some days! It cleans better than any vac I've ever used. I've never really felt it was heavy to carry up/down stairs, but then the older vacs that I have used in the past were super heavy too so maybe I just don't notice that!

• radar525 By  radar525
    12.19.09

I LOVE my Dyson Animal. I got tired of buying a new vacuum every year because with two dogs and a kid, they would just die. I have had my Dyson for five years now, and it still works as good as the day I brought it home. No repairs, no breakage, nothing. We also use it to vacuum our matresses every month. If you have never done this, give it a try. You will be shocked at what comes out of your mattress!! The price is really not that bad when you consider just how well this machine works, how often you have to replace your other vacuums, time and energy spent replacing bags, belts, etc, and how difficult it can be to use older machines.