Randy Pausch The Last Lecture

Randy Pausch The Last Lecture

4.9
              Rated #7 in Books
39 Reviews 4.9/5 stars

I found his actual televised lecture more inspiring than the book. His story is a sad one and how he handled his situation more than admirable and brave. He is definitely one of a kind and did a very unselfish thing by sharing the end of his life with so many and how to live one's life in the face of death.

very Inspirational

This book, like the man behind it, is AMAZING. I cannot wait to share the book with my son who is 12 and have already read him exerpts. Randy was an inspiring person who happened to be a terrific father, husband, and professor. His commitment to happiness - even in the face of a horrible disease - was something that touched many people and hopefully can teach us all a little bit about how to live our lives.

I keep this book on my nightstand and have read it many times over the years. I have recommended it to many friends and family members. I recommended it to my aunt because she was having a difficult time with my grandmother passing away from cancer. It definitely helped her cope with the loss. It is very beautifully written.

One word....AMAZING! It's a must read book! It is so thought provoking and inspirational. It's an easy read but makes you really think and reflect on yourself! Fantastic!

This was an amazing book ! I was very moved by it.

This book was amazing! My grandma got it for me for Christmas, and at first it didn't sound like something I would be very interested in. But I ended up reading it anyway and loved it. I usually hate books that make me cry, but this was different. It was incredibly inspirational. It makes you want to be a better, self-less person and to keep your family and people you care about close. Even if it doesn't sound very interesting to you, read it anyway (it's a quick read--especially when you can't put it down!) and you won't regret it!

A friend of mine recommended this book to me, and I also saw the author being interviewed about a year ago on a few talk shows. This book was so inspirational and has really opened my eyes to not take things for granted & living life to the fullest.

Bought the book for husband, but read it first and I was blown away at how it made me feel how precious every second and everyday is in life. You never know when time is not on your side. Great book!

I have gone back to this book frequently over the last few years. I find that it is full of wisdom and life lessons. It's a quick read and very thought-provoking - and helps you to put things in perspective.

I bought this book after my oldest son considered Carnegie Mellon and we took a tour there. It is realistic, touching and will make you cry. You have to read it, I only wish I had the courage of Randy Pausch!

I just had to buy this book! However, I have not had the courage to read it yet because I know it is going to make me cry!

I watched the video of the actual lecture before I read the book. Both are equally amazing. It is a great grounding lecture. Helps you look at the world from a different point of view. To think that such a great mind was taken from us so soon. Both the video and book are beautiful pieces of art.

A very good book! really liked the part about his football coach and picking strawberries. Read the book before the video and very glad because I probably would of not read the whole book if I had watched it first.

A really good book and a quick read.