Magic Custard Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
1 Hr 20 Mins
Makes: 1 servings
this magic custard cake is absolutely out of this world melt-in-your-mouth wonderful cake. It is like a beautiful velvety vanilla cake on the top and bottom and a wonderful vanilla egg custard in the center.
milk room temp
1. preheat oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. grease and line 8 by 8 baking dish with parchment paper.
3. separate eggs from yolk add egg whites to 1 large mixing bowl beat until stiff.
4. in the other large mixing bowl beat yolks with sugar until light in color add melted butter and vanilla beat 2 more minutes then add flour, mix until fully Incorporated.
5. slowly start adding your room temp milk to the yolk mixture until well mixed together.
6. now start adding your egg whites one-third at a time holding them in with your spatula only it will look very lumpy and liquidy when you're done.
7. pour batter into lined parchment paper baking dish, bake approximately 60 minutes until top is lightly golden.
8. cool and dust with powdered sugar.
9** optional when checking to make sure you're magic custard cake is done you may feel the center top if it is kind of spongy it is done.
other recipes in desserts
Delicious dessert squares with chocolate and pecans. Just like Grammie used to make.
An easy fudge that is unbelievably delicious.... only a few quick ingredients and Voila!
This is a simple version of a favorite treat of Puerto Rico and other Caribbean islands, its called besitos de coco and it's a type of macaroon cookie,…