elf Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer | SheSpeaks

• Pistachio Pistachio
    04.25.13

Wow. Holy heck this eyelid primer is AMAZING. Every single makeup guru on YouTube recommends this. Even if you are some sort of high-end makeup artist like - oh, I don't know... Pat McGrath - I bet you have this primer in your purse/makeup kit. After listening to Michelle Phan and MszJackieChu go on about this eyelid primer, I decided "Okay. I have to try this out." I wasn't very certain how I expected it to turn out, but you know what? It's amazing. The consistency is slightly thicker than Urban Decay's eyelid primer, and the e.l.f. version is ONLY A DOLLAR. It definitely works - your eyeshadow is going to be more vibrant (like all primer should work). The only complaint about this primer is that it's a bit thicker than what it promises on the label, but it works fantastically. Go and buy a bajillion, like I did. :)

• LiL_Michelle By  LiL_Michelle
    01.11.17

Perfect for $1

I love this eye primer. It is only $1. It gets the job done. I have no creases. It enhances the color of my eye-shadow. This is a great cheap drugstore eye primer.

• destinee_thompson12 By  destinee_thompson12
    06.10.16

Perfect Primer

I purchased this product more than a month ago and have been using it everyday. I have never been one to really stick with an eye shadow primer due to the fact I hadn't found one that worked until now. This elf product is not only affordable but works better than any other eye shadow primer I have used in the past. I would highly recommend anyone that is looking to invest in a primer to try this one out. The consistency is a little bit watery but I found that it really evens out the shade of my light and thin eye lids. I reach for this product without thinking now. It also has significantly lengthened the stay power of my eye shadow. I had very minimal creasing while using it which says a lot since I crease very easily. Go buy this product now you won't regret it.

• sharmamegha1209 By  sharmamegha1209
    09.14.15

Great product and easy to use. Every girl needs that in there makeup box!

• flemingtessie By  flemingtessie
    09.10.15

A little more sheer than I would like, but an overall really good product.

• amaramariebeauty By  amaramariebeauty
    03.02.15

I would recommend trying this product on a very small portion of your eye lids before you go applying it like normal. I had an allergic reaction to this primer and my eye lids broke out in a terrible rash that lasted about a week. Not pleasant. If you have no reaction to it, ive heard that this is a great cheap alternative to other pricey primers.

• BrooksWebstore By  BrooksWebstore
    02.17.15

I am giving this primer 3 stars because it definitely makes your eyeshadow look better than if you didn't use a primer. I think this is a good starter primer for someone who has never used one before. Because of the low price point, I think 3 stars is fair. Personally I would never buy it again because it made my eyelids feel and look dry and doesn't work nearly as great as my favorite $40 primer. So again its better to use this one than to go without but I definitely don't love it.

• leximaxine By  leximaxine
    01.11.15

I was skeptical of this product but it proved to be a good buy. I wish that the formula were a bit thicker but it keeps shadows locked on for a good 6 hours before creasing.

• puttchen By  puttchen
    11.16.14

I don't think you can really go wrong with any ELF products. This primer is an example of that. I've seen it reviewed on YouTube so I thought I would give it a try. Afterall, it's only $1!!! That being said, it's ok for $1. I find it a bit thin/watery. Maybe I have an old one? I just expected it to be more substantial feeling. It does feel smooth and brightens up the shadow, but it takes a bit to dry. I'm going to keep working with, but may not buy it again.

• michellelee1969 By  michellelee1969
    09.25.14

great item! love it!

• natac33 By  natac33
    09.24.14

I really love it and it isn't costly. A good product that everyone can afford.