e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer Review | SheSpeaks

• LiL_Michelle By  LiL_Michelle
    01.11.17

Perfect for $1

I love this eye primer. It is only $1. It gets the job done. I have no creases. It enhances the color of my eye-shadow. This is a great cheap drugstore eye primer.

• destinee_thompson12 By  destinee_thompson12
    06.10.16

Perfect Primer

I purchased this product more than a month ago and have been using it everyday. I have never been one to really stick with an eye shadow primer due to the fact I hadn't found one that worked until now. This elf product is not only affordable but works better than any other eye shadow primer I have used in the past. I would highly recommend anyone that is looking to invest in a primer to try this one out. The consistency is a little bit watery but I found that it really evens out the shade of my light and thin eye lids. I reach for this product without thinking now. It also has significantly lengthened the stay power of my eye shadow. I had very minimal creasing while using it which says a lot since I crease very easily. Go buy this product now you won't regret it.

• sharmamegha1209 By  sharmamegha1209
    09.14.15

Great product and easy to use. Every girl needs that in there makeup box!

• flemingtessie By  flemingtessie
    09.10.15

A little more sheer than I would like, but an overall really good product.

• amaramariebeauty By  amaramariebeauty
    03.02.15

I would recommend trying this product on a very small portion of your eye lids before you go applying it like normal. I had an allergic reaction to this primer and my eye lids broke out in a terrible rash that lasted about a week. Not pleasant. If you have no reaction to it, ive heard that this is a great cheap alternative to other pricey primers.

• BrooksWebstore By  BrooksWebstore
    02.17.15

I am giving this primer 3 stars because it definitely makes your eyeshadow look better than if you didn't use a primer. I think this is a good starter primer for someone who has never used one before. Because of the low price point, I think 3 stars is fair. Personally I would never buy it again because it made my eyelids feel and look dry and doesn't work nearly as great as my favorite $40 primer. So again its better to use this one than to go without but I definitely don't love it.

• leximaxine By  leximaxine
    01.11.15

I was skeptical of this product but it proved to be a good buy. I wish that the formula were a bit thicker but it keeps shadows locked on for a good 6 hours before creasing.

• puttchen By  puttchen
    11.16.14

I don't think you can really go wrong with any ELF products. This primer is an example of that. I've seen it reviewed on YouTube so I thought I would give it a try. Afterall, it's only $1!!! That being said, it's ok for $1. I find it a bit thin/watery. Maybe I have an old one? I just expected it to be more substantial feeling. It does feel smooth and brightens up the shadow, but it takes a bit to dry. I'm going to keep working with, but may not buy it again.

• michellelee1969 By  michellelee1969
    09.25.14

great item! love it!

• natac33 By  natac33
    09.24.14

I really love it and it isn't costly. A good product that everyone can afford.

• ChaelaVsKayla By  ChaelaVsKayla
    09.04.14

E.l.f eye shadow primer is the first and only eyelid primer I've ever used. It goes on so easily, especially if applied with the brush and then smoothed into the skin with the tip of my finger. This primer really makes the eye shadow last longer and makes it brighter. I am one of those people who tend to rub my eyes forgetting that I have makeup on but with this primer very little eye shadow comes off after I rub them. I love it.

• JosiePosie76 By  JosiePosie76
    09.03.14

I love this eye primer. If it gets greasy when you put it on you probably need to wash your fave with a cleanser that will break the oil on your face up BEFORE applying the primer. Our eyelids are actually one of THE oiliest spots on our faces. I've tried quite a few brands, but the price is right on this one.

• CoriCarter By  CoriCarter
    08.27.14

Love this stuff!!! It is the most affordable eye primer out there that actually works!! In love!! I have two backups already!!!

• Shannon17 By  Shannon17
    06.08.14

It's inexpensive and works great!

• AngelWigginton By  AngelWigginton