Like you needed a reason.
But just in case you were in doubt about whether to eat that piece of chocolate… go for it. Because today is National Milk Chocolate Day.
- Chocolate is not linked to causing acne.
- Chocolate is not linked to causing cavities (dental caries) as much as other candies and sweet foods.
- Chocolate provides nutrition like protein, riboflavin, calcium, and iron.
- Chocolate does not raise blood cholesterol levels (because cocoa butter has high stearic acid).
Now doesn’t that make you smile?
- Visit a local chocolatier! You’ll be sure to find wonderful milk chocolate novelties, like the ability to put your name in chocolates (most people want their name in lights. How passé!).
- Pretend you’re on Iron Chef and chocolate is the secret ingredient. Make an entire meal based on chocolate (it can be done!).
- Play some chocolate inspired games online at places like M&Ms.com
- Read a book about chocolate (or watch the movie!). Favorites like Chocolat for adults, or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for kids are decadent and sweet!
The invention of milk chocolate, that sweet and creamy treat, is worth celebrating. By simply enjoying a bite, or by actively engaging in a bit of chocolate-love and merriment!