Website Freecycle org | SheSpeaks

• Ellayem By  Ellayem
    09.26.09

I've been on both ends of freecycle. I've received things like a working lawn mower , a bicycle, and baby shower decorations. I've donated things like the washer & dryer that came with my house, a vacuum cleaner, clothing, and a computer monitor that would've otherwise ended up in a land-fill somewhere. I've met people in public, gone to their homes, and had then come to my home, and have never had an issue. I love freecycle because I feel so much better giving my old items to someone who needs them rather than throwing them away. Like their motto states, it's better than sending stuff to a landfill and you might get something you need for free!

• jami78 By  jami78
    09.15.09

I have been a member of Freecycle in 2 different states...first in Kansas (at an Army base) and now in Wisconsin. The one in Kansas was an Army community, so it was very busy. Military families move alot and can not always take their items with them. Some people would put trampolines, clothes, appliances, furniture, and even cars and boats. I gave away a lot of stuff when I was a member of that one, and I received a few items too. It was fun. At that one, it did seem that the same people would get the items, but I've come to realize that I do this too sometimes because you get tired of no-shows and giving your information out to complete strangers. Sometimes you just feel safer going with those you know will show up. I am now a member of the one in Wisconsin, and it is ok. However, I don't really seek out stuff because I don't really need anything nor do I want to make an adventure of driving around in Milwaukee...lol. I have given away a TON of stuff on Freecycle though.

• Annabell By  Annabell
    09.07.09

I started a freecycle group in my area and I love it. I never have people come to my home though. We always meet them in a public place to exchange the item.

• tiiuona By  tiiuona
    08.20.09

Wish that there was one in Wisconsin. I think it would help a lot of people.