Welcome to the #VictoriaNovel Royal Reads Blogging Program! Read on for all the details you need to complete the program.
When you enroll in this program, you will receive:
- An advance copy of the novel Victoria by Daisy Goodwin
- A limited editionVictoria tote bag
- Payment for your blog post via Paypal after you complete the program.
How to participate in this program:
- Read It: Once you receive the book in the mail, get cozy and start reading!
- Blog About It: Write a blog post primarily featuring your review of Victoria by Daisy Goodwin. Your post is due anytime between Nov 9 and Nov 18. Your blog post should include:
- Visually appealing/highly styled photos of the book to feature in your post. Make sure your photos are well lit, beautiful and crisp. We'd love for one of your blog photos to show you reading the book, showing emotion is good!
- A link to these purchase pages in your post: bit.ly/VictoriaNovel and bit.ly/2fwrWJp
- Be sure to include this disclosure statement at the top of your post: "This is an advertisement for SheSpeaks/St. Martins Press".
- Share It: Share your blog post link & photos on your social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) with both of these hashtags: #VictoriaNovel and #ad. Tag @StMartinsPress and @SheSpeaksUp when possible. Please record your social shares here.
- Once you have finished the book, write a short review on Amazon after Nov 22 and/or Goodreads anytime.(If you are only going to add your review to one of these sites, please prioritize Amazon.) Be sure to mention you got your copy from SheSpeaks by including this text, "I received this book for free from SheSpeaks".
In addition to your review of the book, here's some secondary inspiration for your blog post:
- What’s your favorite place to read in the fall/winter? What makes it so special?
- What do you do (daily or for a special occasion) to give yourself the royal treatment?
- Do you, or have you thought about, giving books as holiday gifts? Who would Victoria be perfect for?
- Create a holiday gift list and tell your readers who you think would enjoy getting Victoria as a present.
- How could you create a gift basket with Victoria as the inspo?
- How would you throw a Victoria themed book club party/get together?
- Do you have any family reading traditions?
- What is it about historical fiction that you are drawn to?
- Discuss your favorite part or pull out your favorite quotes to share. Why were these parts meaningful to you?
- Go back in time. Does your teenage-self relate to Victoria? How?
- How do your reading habits change by season?
For more information about Victoria, please visit DaisyGoodwinNovels.com.
Program Links and Hashtags:
Spread the word about #VictoriaNovel with your network! Just click below to Tweet about the book.
Click here to Tweet: "I'm a Lady-In-Waiting to finish @daisygoodwinuk's #VictoriaNovel about the young Queen of England. Get yours at B&N! bit.ly/2fwrWJp"
Click here to Tweet: "Good book recommendation! #VictoriaNovel by @daisygoodwinuk is now avail for purchase on Amazon bit.ly/VictoriaNovel"
Click here to Tweet: "YAY! #VictoriaNovel has officially launched for purchase. Great gift for the history lover on your list! bit.ly/2fwrWJp"
Click here to Tweet: "Tip: Pour yourself a spot of tea w/ biscuits to get in the mood for reading #VictoriaNovel! Avail for purchase now: bit.ly/VictoriaNovel"
Here's what Amanda Foreman, British/American biographer and historian, said about the book:
"Victoria is an absolutely captivating novel of youth, love, and the often painful transition from immaturity to adulthood. Daisy Goodwin breathes new life into Victoria's story, and does so with sensitivity, verve, and wit."
– Amanda Foreman
Submit your blog post below by Nov 18 and submit your social sharing links here.