Thank you for joining our HopeLine® from Verizon Blogger Program. We appreciate your help supporting survivors of domestic violence during Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Please refer to the key messages when writing your blog post, and submit your blog post link below.
Here’s How the Program Works:
How the Program Works:
- Write A Blog Post: Encourage your readers to take action against domestic violence during October for Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Your post should:
- Share your personal connection to this cause and why it’s important to you.
- Include a call-to-action to go purple (the color of Domestic Violence Awareness) by visiting any Verizon store or go online to purchase exclusive purple accessories, like a headset, phone or tablet case, and HopeLine® from Verizon will donate $1, up to $100,000, to the National Domestic Violence Hotline.
- Share information about HopeLine’s phone donation program. Take action against domestic violence by helping HopeLine reach its goal of 1 million phone donations by the end of 2015. Simply drop off your wireless phones, chargers and accessories, from any carrier, at a Verizon store and help support victims and survivors of domestic violence.
- Include a store locator link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/ and a reference to your nearest Verizon store. We may email you regional information for you to include in your post.
- Include direct links to the HopeLine website and online store to purchase purple accessories:
- Host a Giveaway on Your Blog. SheSpeaks will provide and ship an LG Tone Pro™ Wireless Stereo Headset, valued at $69.99, to your winner.
- Disclosure: Include a disclosure statement per FTC guidelines. Example: This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/HopeLine from Verizon.
- Timing: Please post as early in the month of October as possible, and no later than Monday, October 26.
- Share On Social Media: Share your blog post on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #HopeLine and tag @SheSpeaksUp and @Verizon.
More Information: http://www.verizon.com/about/hopeline
Purchase Link for Purple Accessories: http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/hopeline/
Verizon Store Locator: http://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/
- Upon first reference, please state “HopeLine® from Verizon”
- All references to follow can be:
- Verizon’s HopeLine program
- Please DO NOT reference as “Verizon HopeLine” or “The HopeLine”
Calls to Action for your Post
- Buy a Purple Accessory from Verizon – Encourage your readers to support victims and survivors of domestic violence by going purple, the color of Domestic Violence Awareness. This October, in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, visit any Verizon store or go online to purchase exclusive purple accessories, like a headset, phone or tablet case, and HopeLine® from Verizon will donate $1, up to $100,000, to the National Domestic Violence Hotline.
- Donate A Phone - Take action against domestic violence by helping HopeLine reach its goal of 1 million phone donations by the end of 2015. Simply drop off your wireless phones, chargers and accessories, from any carrier, at a Verizon store and help support victims and survivors of domestic violence.
- Domestic violence is a national problem that impacts our communities, neighbors, coworkers, friends and family members.
- HopeLine provides financial support to non-profit domestic violence organizations and agencies that are committed to connecting victims and survivors to vital resources.
- Verizon has a longstanding commitment to domestic violence awareness and prevention, which has been a philanthropic focus since 2001 through the HopeLine program.
- HopeLine collects used wireless phones, chargers and accessories, and turns them into support for domestic violence awareness and prevention organizations.
- Verizon also donates wireless phones through the HopeLine program, complete with minutes and text messaging, to domestic violence shelters and non-profit organizations for use by victims and survivors.
- HopeLine phones serve as a vital link for survivors and help keep a private line of communication to family, friends and employers.
- Through the HopeLine program, Verizon has donated millions of dollars, thousands of phones and numerous resources to the domestic violence prevention and awareness movement.
- For more information, visit verizon.com/about/hopeline.
To date, the HopeLine program has:
- Collected more than 11.4 million phones
- Donated more than 190,000 phones
About Domestic Violence
- 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence during her lifetime.[iii]
- Men are the victims of nearly 3 million physical assaults in the U.S. [iii]
- On a typical day, more than 20,000 phone calls are placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide. [ii]
- More than 3 million children witness domestic violence in their homes each year. [iii]
Info For Your Giveaway
- SheSpeaks will provide an LG Tone Pro™ Wireless Stereo Headset, valued at $69.99, as a prize and ship to your winner.
- Please use the program hashtag #HopeLine when promoting your giveaway.
- Your giveaway should be open to U.S. residents only. We are unable to ship to winners outside the U.S.
- Submit Your Winner: To have your winner's prize fulfilled, you must submit your giveaway winner's name, email, and mailing address information by Friday, November 6 by filling out this form.
Images For Your Post (Click to Enlarge)
Submit Your Blog Post
Share your blog link with us by clicking the "submit your blog" button below and adding your blog post URL.
[ii] Source: US Department of Justice
[iii] Source: Safe Horizon