Thundershirt Dog Anxiety Treatment Wrap Review | SheSpeaks

• eview1 By  eview1
    08.05.19

Thundershirts for dogs- not that great

i have 2 thunder shirts and have used them many times. i was not impressed with them at all. it did not help with the anxiety my dogs got from thunder storms or fireworks. i think a t shirt tied tight around them would do the same thing.

• letsgoshopping By  letsgoshopping
    08.16.15

As our dog has gotten older, she gets extremely anxious during thunderstorms and barks all night. We never get any sleep during storms and it has been a very wet summer! The Thundershirt calms our dog and we can get some rest. Thank you Thundershirt!

• jojoqui By  jojoqui
    05.03.14

I guess it depend on the dog i wasted my money my dog hate it she will rub on everything to get it of ot fit perfectly, i wouldshe gets annoyed by it

• shelly3282 By  shelly3282
    08.15.13

We have a little yorkie who is scared of everything. Storms, fireworks, sirens, motorcycles. July 4th used to be the worst. However we learned that we have to not support him being scared, but watching him shake made me upset and he could sense that. Finally we decided we couldn't baby him we would try the thundercoat. it changed everything. He still gets a little scared, but now he is no longer running to the corner and shaking.

• Ambitions09 By  Ambitions09
    07.04.13

I have a dog that is afraid of his own shadow that loves this jacket. He has been on anti-anxiety medication and that still didn't calm him down as much as this product did.

• cleanliving By  cleanliving
    06.19.13

I bought this from my vet after she suggested it may help with car rides. I put it on my dog for the ride home and saw a huge improvement! I later loaned it to my neighbor to see if it would work for her dog who has storm anxiety - she said it made him calmer and she bought one too!

• alwayshasastraw By  alwayshasastraw
    03.20.13

I bought one for my terrier/pit rescue who is high energy and high anxiety. The vet fit her for the wrong size, so she just stood there like a statue. Tried it on my Tosa Inu (rescue @ 10 mos, was kenneled outside since 8 wks) who is PETRIFIED of storms & she still jumped in my lap, shook and whimpered.

• akumm001 By  akumm001
    01.18.13

I think this is a very good product for dogs with anxiety issues and and fears. It is a good alternative to first trying before you may have to put them on medication. Love it. They also have them for cats too!

• krysavis By  krysavis
    09.10.12

Got one of these for one of our dogs that has issues with thunderstorms, going to the vet or anyplace away from home in general. We did some training with it...puttting it on him just to get him used to it for 10-15 minutes a day for a couple of weeks. Took him to get his nails trimmed..first time in the year we've had him his nails actually got trimmed every other time we can back home without getting them done due to him freaking out. Works well with the thunderstorms too. He no longer jumps in your lap every time he hears thunder.

• chandlersmommy By  chandlersmommy
    05.24.12

We have a Shepherd/Greyhound mix that has anxiety problems in general. We purchased one of these and it's worked beautifully! She no longer chases her tail all day, paces etc.. She can actually relax which is so awesome to see! She is one happy girl!

• marciep By  marciep
    05.21.12

My pomerainian is absolutely petrified of thunder and fireworks if we can put this on him a litle while before it starts it definietly helpsl

• iDachs By  iDachs
    05.05.12

I am not impressed by this item. Maybe with time she will get used to it..

• helenallredlpc By  helenallredlpc
    04.26.12

We purchased this for our basenji/boxer/lab mix. He was a pound puppy and has some separation anxiety and follows us around relentlessly! You can't lock him out of a room or he will eat something you like. Let me clarify, something expensive of mine! When we use the thundershirt he seems to feel little need to stalk us around the house and is less dramatic when another pet or person is given attention.

• pamnub By  pamnub
    09.30.11

I have tried everything to help my dog during storms. My son saw this in a Readers Digest and sent it to me. We had a pretty big storm last night and I tried it for the first time. If I had not tried it I would not believe that this could work. Oh my goodness!! How this works I do not know but it does. We put it on and seconds later he was laying beside me all calm and quiet. This is a godsend.