The Lovely Bones Movie | SheSpeaks

• debsmad debsmad
    04.01.12

I loved the book, and I enjoyed the movie just as much. A teenage girl is murdered and then watches as her family grieves and tries to cope, and as her killer seems to get away with the crime. The movie does a good job building tension and fear leading up to the murder. You really start to feel the panic as she realizes her situation. And then you feel the confusion and heartbreak as she realizes in her afterlife what has happened, and as she tries to reach out to her family. Some parts of the book are not included, and some of the weird parts seem to work better visually than in book form. I enjoyed this movie and it is something I would watch again and again.

• mzcheetah By  mzcheetah
    09.30.15

I think the story line is interesting, but the movie overall was disappointing for me. So much more could have been done with this concept. I'm not saying it's a bad movie at all, but just fell short as far as I'm concerned.

• Bagel2332 By  Bagel2332
    06.28.15

I read the book before I saw the movie. Usually when I do that, I am disappointed because the book is usually so much better than the movie. Even though the movie varied from the book a lot, this was a movie that did not disappoint me

• HollyPritchettxoxo By  HollyPritchettxoxo
    10.13.13

Beautiful yet sad, shows a beautiful story and the villain gets what he deserves in the end.

• 1SwtWrld By  1SwtWrld
    09.07.12

This movie was horrible.......It didn't even make since......once again the hype for the movie was misleading.

• NBgirl By  NBgirl
    09.01.12

I liked the movie. Thought it was sad as her family was torn apart after everything happened. It was frustrating seeing the murderer get away with what he did to the girl but he got what he deserved at the end. Good movie

• shanif2 By  shanif2
    06.04.12

really liked the movie and it scared me from going out of the house for a while. but cute.

• mtgtj50 By  mtgtj50
    05.19.12

did not like at all,

• craftcath By  craftcath
    04.25.12

Very well done, but disturbing movie

• honeebop By  honeebop
    04.24.12

I thought this was a very interesting movie. Sad story but overall the concept was great.

• debsmad By  debsmad