During my sophomore year of college, I went to Target with my then-boyfriend (now-husband) to pick up some things for his new apartment. I was still living in the dorms, so I was mostly there to get a few new binders and pens and to help him pick out some small kitchen appliances. He was adamant about getting a crock pot so that he could come home from class to a hot batch of chili.
I, on the other hand, didn’t even really know what a crock pot was. My family didn’t have a crock pot, so I had never before experienced the joy of slow cooking.
We still use that crock pot today, and now I can’t live without it. I use it for everything: making fruit butter for canning, throwing together a soup on days when I’m not feeling well or am pressed for time, slow-cooked pork and beans, even making hot mulled cider for a dinner party.
Here are 13 of my favorite blogger recipes starring the slow cooker. Enjoy!
- Crock Pot Asian Chicken from A Nutritionist Eats
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes from With a Side of Sneakers
- Dulce de Leche from Taylor Takes a Taste
- Hot Mulled Cider from Savvy Eats
- Sausage and Peppers from The Granola Chronicles
- Slow-Cooked Chicken Fajitas from Heather’s Dish
- Slow Cooker Apple Crumble from How Sweet It Is
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pho from Piccante Dolce
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala from Eat Live Run & Tasty Kitchen
- Sugared Cinnamon Almonds from A Year of Slow Cooking
- Three Bean Crockpot Chili from Healthy Delicious
- Vegan African Peanut Soup from Spa Bettie
- Vegan Tortilla Soup from Oh She Glows
What's your favorite slow cooker recipe?