The Home Depot Review | SheSpeaks

• ouhlala13 By  ouhlala13
    10.13.17

Solid shopping

I love this store. 9 times out of 10, they have exactly what I need and if they don't, they will happily tell me where find it. Plants are awesome, especially when they have clearance. Never disappointed in my experience with staff or the store.

• UrsulaFoster By  UrsulaFoster
    08.17.17

When it's all you've got to go to

Depending what you go for - the customer service is as good as Wal-Mart -

• deanna519 By  deanna519
    08.02.16

Need knowledgeable associates

I would really like to see people with specialized knowledge in each department. It seems like we have high school kids or people unfamiliar with the type of merchandise they are trying to sell. I do appreciate the military discount given as it helps us out a lot. But we tend to shop elsewhere especially if we have questions and expect knowledgeable answers.

• momjennifer4 By  momjennifer4
    05.17.16

Been to Home depot several times. When you can find a worker they are very great at finding what you will need. They even have explained how to do something that I didn't know of. The prices are a little higher but their products are good.

• Bagel2332 By  Bagel2332
    06.27.15

Home Depot's prices are higher than Lowes but you get better customer service. Unfortunately they don't sell Whirlpool appliances (I'm brand loyal in that regards)

• xoxodragonfly By  xoxodragonfly
    05.01.15

Pretty good store for all your home needs. The one that I go to has very good employees who are very helpful

• MomToBella By  MomToBella
    09.14.14

Always easy to find associates willing to help! Have never needed something from Home Depot and they didn't have it! Did try to get some boards cut the other day and learned they cant do anything except 90 degree cuts. Only downside Ive found!

• BonnieMiller By  BonnieMiller
    05.20.14

Home Depot is within a walking distance from us....great place...

• QueenOfPlastic By  QueenOfPlastic
    11.25.13

I've never had a problem shopping at Home Depot. I don't know my way around a wrench, but find Home Depot easy to navigate. I find that as a woman, I also seem to get help a lot quicker then most men in the store. Customer service is helpful with directing me to proper departments.

• newrichardson By  newrichardson
    09.30.13

I am a woman and I love this store. It is great for all those do-it-yourself projects. The store is well laid out and the sales people are generally know the products very well. I love the paint selection and am an avid gardener. This is a main stop in the spring and fall for me! Love this store

• gailgedanspencer By  gailgedanspencer
    09.10.13

I love the fact that I'm only 10 minutes away from a Home Depot, because once you start a project, you find yourself going back multiple times in a day! Gotta say, I have found the employees to be more female-friendly then they have in the past, with a new sense of respect for the do-it-yourselfHER.

• MasterofMom By  MasterofMom
    07.21.13

Although I see several comments stating that Home Depot does not feel very female-friendly, I have to say that I've never had a problem with that in this store. I grew up helping my dad fix things and I've always felt very comfortable in a hardware store. That being said, I can see how some of the technical lingo in a store like this may make some women feel uncomfortable, just as a man may feel uncomfortable talking about linens or bed-sheets in a home-goods store. As far as quality and selection, I tend to find lots of top-of-the-line items here, although what is for sale isn't always "better" than what is offered at other stores, just different. I think Home Depot leans towards the more expensive side of things, so I try not to purchase my items here unless I really want a particular item that I'm unable to find elsewhere. They are great for doing special orders, and they have a wide selection of lumber. I'm not a huge fan of their lighting selection, but I do think that they have the best choices when it comes to kitchens.

• Desiree89 By  Desiree89
    07.02.13

The Home Depot is a great store for anything home related. I'm usually here at least once a week. My husband who is a contractor is there at least 3 times a week and has nothing but good things to say about the store. Prices are cheaper than Lowe's too. They also have a great return policy and about 95% of the employees have always been friendly.

• darlene1696 By  darlene1696
    07.01.13

In our town lowes and home depot isn't even 6 minutes apart but we chose home depot over lowes. We feel that the employees know more and are more willing to help out their customers. Not a fan of their flowers in the spring though. I planted around 20 last year and about 15 died. ��

• ugiemoore By  ugiemoore
    06.14.13

I like this store but they are a bit pricey