The  Home Depot

The Home Depot

3.2
              Rated #32 in Stores
34 Reviews 3.2/5 stars

Enormous selection The Home Depot is one of the big big-box stores, and they have nearly everything one needs around the house or project site. One thing that the husband really appreciates is that they email his receipts and can track spending by jobsite/project. I like that when I search for a product online, I can check stock at local stores and see the exact location where it is stocked.

Solid shopping I love this store. 9 times out of 10, they have exactly what I need and if they don't, they will happily tell me where find it. Plants are awesome, especially when they have clearance. Never disappointed in my experience with staff or the store.

When it's all you've got to go to Depending what you go for - the customer service is as good as Wal-Mart -

Need knowledgeable associates I would really like to see people with specialized knowledge in each department. It seems like we have high school kids or people unfamiliar with the type of merchandise they are trying to sell. I do appreciate the military discount given as it helps us out a lot. But we tend to shop elsewhere especially if we have questions and expect knowledgeable answers.

Been to Home depot several times. When you can find a worker they are very great at finding what you will need. They even have explained how to do something that I didn't know of. The prices are a little higher but their products are good.

Home Depot's prices are higher than Lowes but you get better customer service. Unfortunately they don't sell Whirlpool appliances (I'm brand loyal in that regards)

Pretty good store for all your home needs. The one that I go to has very good employees who are very helpful

Always easy to find associates willing to help! Have never needed something from Home Depot and they didn't have it! Did try to get some boards cut the other day and learned they cant do anything except 90 degree cuts. Only downside Ive found!

Home Depot is within a walking distance from us....great place...

I've never had a problem shopping at Home Depot. I don't know my way around a wrench, but find Home Depot easy to navigate. I find that as a woman, I also seem to get help a lot quicker then most men in the store. Customer service is helpful with directing me to proper departments.

I am a woman and I love this store. It is great for all those do-it-yourself projects. The store is well laid out and the sales people are generally know the products very well. I love the paint selection and am an avid gardener. This is a main stop in the spring and fall for me! Love this store

I love the fact that I'm only 10 minutes away from a Home Depot, because once you start a project, you find yourself going back multiple times in a day! Gotta say, I have found the employees to be more female-friendly then they have in the past, with a new sense of respect for the do-it-yourselfHER.

Although I see several comments stating that Home Depot does not feel very female-friendly, I have to say that I've never had a problem with that in this store. I grew up helping my dad fix things and I've always felt very comfortable in a hardware store. That being said, I can see how some of the technical lingo in a store like this may make some women feel uncomfortable, just as a man may feel uncomfortable talking about linens or bed-sheets in a home-goods store. As far as quality and selection, I tend to find lots of top-of-the-line items here, although what is for sale isn't always "better" than what is offered at other stores, just different. I think Home Depot leans towards the more expensive side of things, so I try not to purchase my items here unless I really want a particular item that I'm unable to find elsewhere. They are great for doing special orders, and they have a wide selection of lumber. I'm not a huge fan of their lighting selection, but I do think that they have the best choices when it comes to kitchens.

The Home Depot is a great store for anything home related. I'm usually here at least once a week. My husband who is a contractor is there at least 3 times a week and has nothing but good things to say about the store. Prices are cheaper than Lowe's too. They also have a great return policy and about 95% of the employees have always been friendly.

In our town lowes and home depot isn't even 6 minutes apart but we chose home depot over lowes. We feel that the employees know more and are more willing to help out their customers. Not a fan of their flowers in the spring though. I planted around 20 last year and about 15 died. ��