Texas Roadhouse Yeast Rolls
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
Makes: 6 dozen
Copycat recipe of those delicious rolls you can't get enough of.
Active dry yeast
Milk, scalded and cooled to lukewarm
Melted butter, slightly cooled
7 to 8 cups
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water with a teaspoon of sugar; let stand until frothy.
2. Combine yeast mixture, milk, 1/2 cup sugar and enough flour to make a medium batter (about the consistency of pancake batter). Beat thoroughly.
3. Add melted butter, eggs and salt. Beat well. Add enough flour to form a soft dough.
4. Sprinkle a small amount of flour onto counter and let the dough rest.
5. Meanwhile, grease a large bowl. Knead dough until smooth and satiny and put in greased bowl; turn over to grease top. (I used the dough hook on my Kitchen-Aid to knead this for about 4-5 minutes).
6. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk. Punch down. Turn out onto a floured board.
7. Divide into portions for shaping; let rest 10 minutes.
8. Shape dough into desired forms. Place on greased baking sheets. Let rise until doubled.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Baste immediately with butter. Yield: 5 to 6 dozen. Serve with Cinnamon Honey Butter.
other recipes in breads & muffins
This is my grandmother's recipe and has been a favorite fall bread in our family for many years.
This is a traditional cake, a habit that has been running in our family for more than 5 generations and I'm pretty sure in many other Romanian families.
Create a seasonal favorite that is quick and easy to whip up and uses some of the best flavors of the fall. Quick and easy pumpkin cheese bread can be wh…